Any position that requires cash handling is of utmost sensitivity. For instance, a bank teller or a grocery cashier.
It is a proven fact that cash handling is one of the difficult and risky jobs especially due to cash reconciliation and balancing, as well as robbery threats.
In fact, cash handling is not merely receiving cash in exchange for an item sold or a service rendered.
Besides cash handling, there are many aspects involved such as accounting procedures, reconciliation, counting and managing receipts. Similarly, many other duties may involve such as handling a cash register or an adding machine.
People who are comfortable with basic maths calculations should apply for a cash handling job.
Take a look at the following cash handling skills statements. These phrases can surely be used to build a cash handling resume.
Cash Handling Skills for Resume
• Well-versed in operating cash registers and adding machines
• Highly skilled in accepting checks, cash, and other forms of payment from customers
• Proven ability to count the cash in the drawer at the start and end of the shift
• Demonstrated ability to prepare raveler’s checks, savings bonds, and money orders
• Adept at managing accounting procedures
• Special talent for performing reconciliation procedures
• Proficient in handling payment returns
• Proven ability to perform basic as well as advanced mathematical calculations
• Qualified to count and balance cash drawer with accuracy
• Profound ability to prepare periodical sales reports
• Able to handle customers while maintaining high standards of efficiency, accuracy, and confidentiality
• Exceptional keypunching skills
• Well versed with standard banking procedures
• Talented in sorting and conditioning, as well as bundling cash
• Skilled in receiving, processing, and validating currency
• Able to work in a highly controlled, monitored, and regulated environment
• Known to adhere to a set of defined rules and regulations
• Operating high-speed currency counting equipment
• Balancing deposits and processing entries
• Ensuring the accuracy of automated accounting and transfer records
• Displaying effective interpersonal skills