While loss prevention is eminent in all industries, it is more significant in a retail environment solely due to the fact that stealing or hiding things are easy there. A district loss prevention manager is required to investigate into possible thefts and vandalism acts within in a retail setting.
Resume Writing Tips
Start building your resume by writing down every relevant information – you will keep on to polish up your resume as you stick to. You may build different versions of your resume depending on the different loss prevention positions you are applying.
The following is a good sample resume for district loss prevention manager position. Not all of the sections and areas in this example will fit to your profile. Therefore, you need to focus on those key areas where your strengths will stand out.
6 Butterfly Ridge Road, Caldwell, ID 77363
(980) 999-9999, Email
Loss Prevention Manager
Bringing track record of preventing loss and vandalism acts in a retail setting.
Performance Summary: 11+ years of experience working in different loss prevention capacities. Highly skilled in conducting detailed investigations in to the loss of merchandise, money or property. A vigilant individual who effectively manages loss prevention activities in order to provide a safe and profitable environment. Known for ensuring successful resolution of internal investigations. Strong leadership abilities and special talent for analyzing evidences and information correctly. Strong knowledge of financial operations and processes.
• Trained 3 groups of 8 new employees as loss prevention officers to be disseminated to different branches
• Created and implemented a fool proof detection system that raises alarm of merchandise theft in real-time
September 2005 – Present
KY Mall – Caldwell, ID
Loss Prevention Manager
• Investigate into events of loss merchandise or money
• Examine CCTV footage for clues
• Conduct detailed investigation into profit and loss
• Ensure detention of shoplifters is managed appropriately
• Conduct loss prevention assessments
• Oversee loss prevention assessment programs
• Conduct store visits to ensure all best practices are in use
• Monitor progress of loss prevention goals
Sep 2005 – Aug 2009
Belk – Hilton Head, SC
Loss Prevention Associate
• Ensured programs to check and identify internal and external theft
• Directed and assisted store with investigations, interviews and case processed
• Reviewed loss prevention exception reports
• Analyzed cash discrepancies and successfully found reasons
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
University of Caldwell, Caldwell, ID
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – 2005
Certification in LPC – Loss Prevention Foundation