Overview and Tips
To develop a good Optometry Technician Resume that stands for your qualifications, you require knowing what employers are looking for.
Therefore, identify the skills and knowledge needed for this position.
Reading the job description in the advertisement will give you a good idea of what phrases and keywords to include in your resume.
Do not copy and paste the job description in your resume.
The following sample is specially developed to assist you in your resume writing process.
See also: Optometry Receptionist Cover Letter
Optometry Technician Resume Example
69 5th Street, Jackson, MS 65887
Seeking an Optometry Technician position with Mid America Health, which will require me to utilize my communication skills, optometry capabilities, and related experience to ensure the satisfaction of clients.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience with different optometry settings
• Paraoptometric certified
• Highly skilled in fitting patients with spectacles and contact lenses and instructing patients to use them
• In-depth knowledge of using and maintaining ophthalmic and testing instruments
• Hands-on experience in ophthalmic medications, anesthetic solutions, and ocular disorders
• Track record of fitting optical and ophthalmic devices
• Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain ophthalmic equipment
• Comprehensive knowledge of ophthalmic and medical regulations and optometric technology
• Substantial understanding of ocular anatomy, visual physiology, and optics
• Bilingual – French and English
• Expert user of MS Word and Excel
OnHealthcare – Jackson, MS | 2014 – Present
• Assist the Optometrist in the examination and treatment of patients
• Perform visual tests and procedures
• Prepare patients and act as a specialized surgical assistant in clinical procedures
• Apply ocular dressings, perform suture removal, and obtain eye cultures
• Record patient case history, conduct visual screening tests including pupillary testing, visual acuity, cover test, color vision, and depth perception
• Take ophthalmic photographs
• Perform cyclic maintenance and calibration checks on clinical diagnostic equipment
Cockrell Eyecare Center – Stillwater, OK | 2011 – 2014
• Greeted patients, answered phones and scheduled appointments
• Verified patient insurance and billing information
• Provided exact and timely test data for the doctors
• Performed electronic medical record procedures including billing and coding
• Cleaned and maintained instruments
• Stocked and ordered exam room supplies
High School Diploma
City School, Stillwater, OK – 2010
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong attention to detail