How to Write a Resume for an HVAC Technician?
There are four principles to keep in mind when building a resume for the HVAC Technician position:
- Write to express, not to impress
- Use active voice wherever possible
- Delete irrelevant career history
- Quantify and qualify as much as you can
An HVAC technician job demands excellent customer service skills in addition to technical training. Most employers provide on the job training, but if you have any training in the field, make sure you mention all of it.
If you write carefully and systematically, you’ll end up creating a perfect resume. Best of luck!
Sample Resume for HVAC Technician
534 Watson Lane, Denver, CO 87333
Industrious, customer service-oriented individual with 4+ years of commercial HVAC maintenance and installation. Track record of correctly diagnosing and repairing a diverse range of heating, air conditioning, hot water heating, and ventilating systems. A self-starter who has exceptional leadership skills.
• Seasoned in connecting motors, compressors and ventilating systems to control panel
• Substantial knowledge of refrigeration theory and pipe fitting layouts
• Capable of operating hand and power tools while bending in confined spaces
– Problem detection – Customer service
– Critical thinking – Records maintenance
– Malfunctions repair – Communication
– Client training – Relationship building
– Material management – Leadership
– Equipment protection – HVAC Sales
• Fixed a commercial compressor by detecting a microscopic gas leak and saved the client a lot of replacement cost.
• Introduced portable metal work and welding equipment at the commercial plant that reduced manual effort by 10%.
• Serviced five units of 20 tons air conditioners for a renovation project effectively in the holiday season when the staff was short.
Commercial HVAC Technician
Campbell & Co, Denver, CO
2012 – Present
• Service, repair and install commercial HVAC units
• Measure and cut tubing of accurate lengths, fit the same using hand and machine threading equipment
• Install suspension and discharge valves in the circuit
• Utilize sleeves, couplings and soldering torch to form complete refrigeration circuits
Vernal HVAC, Denver, CO
2009 – 2012
• Responded to troubleshooting calls by effectively diagnosing and repairing the problem channel
• Carefully injected Freon in compressors to build up the required operating pressure
• Insulated and secured pipes with wire and rubber coverings
• Completed relevant paperwork timely
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Everest Vocational Institute, Denver, CO | 2009
High School Diploma
Colorado High, Denver, CO | 2008
• Universal EPA License Holder
• Customer service
• Valid driver’s license
• Bilingual: English, Spanish