How to Write a Resume for an HVAC Technician?
There are four principles to keep in mind when building a resume for the HVAC Technician position:
- Write to express, not to impress
- Use active voice wherever possible
- Delete irrelevant career history
- Quantify and qualify as much as you can
An HVAC technician job demands excellent customer service skills in addition to technical training. Most employers provide on-the-job training, but if you have any training in the field, make sure you mention all of it.
If you write carefully and systematically, you’ll end up creating a perfect resume. Best of luck!
Sample Resume for HVAC Technician
534 Watson Lane, Denver, CO 87333
Industrious, customer service-oriented individual with 4+ years of commercial HVAC maintenance and installation. Track record of correctly diagnosing and repairing a diverse range of heating, air conditioning, hot water heating, and ventilating systems. A self-starter who has exceptional leadership skills.
• Seasoned in connecting motors, compressors and ventilating systems to control panel
• Substantial knowledge of refrigeration theory and pipe fitting layouts
• Capable of operating hand and power tools while bending in confined spaces
– Problem detection – Customer service
– Critical thinking – Records maintenance
– Malfunctions repair – Communication
– Client training – Relationship building
– Material management – Leadership
– Equipment protection – HVAC Sales
• Fixed a commercial compressor by detecting a microscopic gas leak and saved the client a lot of replacement cost.
• Introduced portable metal work and welding equipment at the commercial plant that reduced manual effort by 10%.
• Serviced five units of 20 tons air conditioners for a renovation project effectively in the holiday season when the staff was short.
Commercial HVAC Technician
Campbell & Co, Denver, CO
2012 – Present
• Service, repair and install commercial HVAC units
• Measure and cut tubing of accurate lengths, fit the same using hand and machine threading equipment
• Install suspension and discharge valves in the circuit
• Utilize sleeves, couplings and soldering torch to form complete refrigeration circuits
Vernal HVAC, Denver, CO
2009 – 2012
• Responded to troubleshooting calls by effectively diagnosing and repairing the problem channel
• Carefully injected Freon in compressors to build up the required operating pressure
• Insulated and secured pipes with wire and rubber coverings
• Completed relevant paperwork timely
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Everest Vocational Institute, Denver, CO | 2009
High School Diploma
Colorado High, Denver, CO | 2008
• Universal EPA License Holder
• Customer service
• Valid driver’s license
• Bilingual: English, Spanish