A well-crafted resume is essential when applying for a position as an Optometry Receptionist. This page provides a professionally written sample resume along with valuable tips to help you create an impressive resume that highlights your skills and experience in the field.
By following our step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to tailor your resume to the specific requirements of the position and demonstrate your ability to provide exceptional customer service, manage schedules, and assist patients in an optometry setting.
Your journey to securing an Optometry Receptionist position starts here. Let’s create a resume that highlights your qualifications and makes a lasting impression on potential employers.
Sample Resume for Optometry Receptionist Position
493 Toronto Street
Forrest City, AR 72358
Results-oriented and dedicated optometry receptionist with 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in working at the front desk of busy optometry facilities. Proficient in pre-testing patients’ vision, managing schedules, and educating clients while assisting them in frame selection. A friendly and approachable individual who has a great ability to calm down patients by soothing their fears, and through the provision of exceptional services.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
– Glasses Adjustment and Repairing
– Examination Room Preparation
– Communication – Optical Sales
– Insurance Liaison – Billing Assistance
– Appointments Follow-up
– Office Inventory Maintenance
– Customer Service
– Office Equipment Maintenance
– Recordkeeping – Vendor Relations
- Implemented pre-tests for each patient upon arrival, resulting in increased efficiency for the optometrist’s diagnosis process.
- Streamlined appointment scheduling by introducing a new system that required online, pre-visit registration, improving the overall patient experience.
- Successfully boosted interest in in-house frames by adding a new line of eyeglasses, leading to increased sales and patient satisfaction.
- Reduced the cost of obtaining branded eyeglasses by 55% by establishing a partnership with a local supplier, resulting in significant cost savings for the optometry facility.
Optimum Vision Care, Forrest City, AR
6/2020 – Present
- Greet patients as they arrive at the facility while assisting them in filling out registration forms
- Schedule appointments over the telephone and in person
- Provide patients with reminders through follow-up calls
- Handle cancellations and open slots by incorporating patients from waitlists or those with emergencies
- Take patients’ information such as names, ages, addresses, and contact numbers
- Ensure that information is properly recorded in the system
- Verify patients’ insurance information and provide them with clarity on coverage and co-pays
Sava Opticians, Forrest City, AR
5/2016 – 6/2020
- Performed pre-tests to determine vision preliminaries
- Attach findings with patients’ files
- Assisted patients in choosing frames for eyeglasses as well as handling contact lenses
- Maintained supplies of eyeglass frames and contact lenses
- Contacted vendors before the low stock alert sounds
- Efficiently calculated bills and processed payments
Look See Optics, Forrest City, AR
2/2015 – 5/2016
- Provided information regarding services of the facility
- Answered any service-related queries that patients may have
- Managed the front desk when the optometry receptionist was performing pre-tests
- Serviced telephone calls by responding to requests for information and handling scheduling duties
- Cleaned and sanitized waiting areas and examination rooms
High School Diploma
The Forrest High School, Forrest City, AR
How to Write a Professional Resume for an Optometry Receptionist Position?
Writing a professional resume for an Optometry Receptionist position requires careful consideration of the skills, experience, and achievements relevant to the role. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you create an effective resume:
Start by including your name, contact information (phone number, email address), and location.
Write a concise summary or objective statement that highlights your experience, skills, and career goals as an Optometry Receptionist. Mention your years of experience and your ability to manage schedules, educate clients, and provide exceptional service to patients.
List your key achievements in bullet points to showcase your contributions in previous roles. Include accomplishments such as introducing pre-tests for patients, streamlining appointment scheduling, increasing interest in in-house frames, and reducing costs of obtaining branded eyeglasses.
4. Professional Experience:
Provide details of your work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Start with the job title and the name of the organization.
- Include the location and employment dates (month/year – month/year).
- Describe your responsibilities and tasks using action verbs. Focus on skills like patient registration, appointment scheduling, follow-up calls, pre-testing, assisting with frame selection, insurance verification, and recordkeeping.
- Highlight any promotions or additional responsibilities you have taken on during your tenure.
Mention your highest level of education, including the degree earned and the name of the institution. If relevant, include any certifications or training related to the field of optometry.
6. Core Optometry Skills:
Create a separate section to highlight your core skills. Include abilities such as glasses adjustment and repair, examination room preparation, communication, optical sales, insurance liaison, billing assistance, appointment follow-up, office inventory maintenance, customer service, office equipment maintenance, recordkeeping, and vendor relations.
7. Optional Additional Sections:
Depending on your background, you can also include sections such as professional affiliations, volunteer work, or references.
Use a clean and professional resume template. Ensure consistency in fonts, spacing, and formatting throughout the document. Use bullet points to make your resume easy to read and highlight key information.
9. Proofread and Edit:
Double-check your resume for any grammatical errors, typos, or formatting issues. Ask a friend or a professional to review it as well.
Remember to tailor your resume to the specific requirements of the Optometry Receptionist position you are applying for. Highlight your relevant skills, experience, and achievements to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
Recommended: Optometry Receptionist Cover Letter Sample