How to Write a Professional Resume for Optometry Receptionist Position?
In order to write a perfect resume for an Optometry Receptionist position, you have to emphasize your achievements in similar roles.
That said, an optometry receptionist’s resume that focuses on accomplishments never goes unread.
Remember that your job responsibilities are not nearly as important as your accomplishments are.
While your resume should be complete in every sense, even if job responsibilities need to be appropriately outlined and explained, it is your accomplishments and skills that will make your resume shine.
Take a look at the following resume sample that is accomplishments and qualifications-dependent.
Sample Resume for Optometry Receptionist Position
493 Toronto Street
Forrest City, AR 72358
Results-oriented and dedicated optometry receptionist with 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in working at the front desk of busy optometry facilities. Proficient in pre-testing patients’ vision, managing schedules, and educating clients while assisting them in frame selection. A friendly and approachable individual who has a great ability to calm down patients by soothing their fears, and through the provision of exceptional services.
- Introduced pre-tests (at arrival) for each patient that increased the optometrist’s time in handling diagnosis.
- Uniquely streamlined the appointments scheduling by introducing a new scheduling system which required online, pre-visit registration.
- Increased patients’ interest in in-house frames by adding a new line of eyeglasses.
- Decreased costs of obtaining branded eyeglasses by 55% by procuring from a local supplier.
Optimum Vision Care, Forrest City, AR
6/2014 – Present
- Greet patients as they arrive at the facility while assisting them in filling out registration forms
- Schedule appointments over the telephone and in-person
- Provide patients with reminders through follow-up calls
- Handle cancellations and open slots by incorporating patients from waitlists or those with emergencies
- Take patients’ information such as names, ages, addresses, and contact numbers
- Ensure that information is properly recorded in the system
- Verify patients’ insurance information and provide them with clarity on coverage and co-pays
Sava Opticians, Forrest City, AR
5/2012 – 6/2014
- Performed pre-tests to determine vision preliminaries
- Attach findings with patients’ files
- Assisted patients in choosing frames for eyeglasses as well as handling contact lenses
- Maintained supplies of eyeglass frames and contact lenses
- Contacted vendors before the low stock alert sounds
- Efficiently calculated bills and processed payments
Look See Optics, Forrest City, AR
2/2011 – 5/2012
- Provided information regarding services of the facility
- Answered any service-related queries that patients may have
- Managed the front desk when the optometry receptionist was performing pre-tests
- Serviced telephone calls by responding to requests for information and handling scheduling duties
- Cleaned and sanitized waiting areas and examination rooms
High School Diploma
The Forrest High School, Forrest City, AR
CORE OPTOMETRY SKILLS
– Glasses Adjustment and Repairing
– Examination Room Preparation
– Optical Sales
– Insurance Liaison
– Billing Assistance
– Appointments Follow-up
– Office Inventory Maintenance
– Customer Service
– Office Equipment Maintenance
– Vendor Relations
Recommended: Optometry Receptionist Cover Letter Sample