There was a time when the job market was relatively accommodative, and even the ordinary resumes also had a good chance of survival.
Of late, it is getting more and more challenging to get an interview call from any recruiter or hiring manager, especially in the field of electrical power.
The job market is saturated, which implies that you need an exceptional resume to have the same impact your parents had with an ordinary resume in their times.
To build a targeted and employer centered resume for an electrical power technologist job, you don’t have to display your best qualities.
You have to display your qualifications to catch that reader’s eye.
Spend a lot of time in finding out the prospective employer’s current needs and issues that need to be addressed and then build your resume while speaking to those needs.
Electrical Power Technologist Resume Sample
509 Ivy Lane, Columbus, OH 54999
robert @ email . com
A tenacious and detail-oriented electrical power technologist with hands-on experience in electrical engineering and power management projects. Particularly effective in configuring and testing communication equipment, remote terminal devices and fiber optic IEDs
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Expert in maintaining data acquisition systems and metering equipment
• Track record of providing technical assistance to cooperatives regarding automated meter reading infrastructure and network environments
• Adept at designing and tweaking electrical systems to improve and enhance power distribution
• Competent at running tests on new systems for industrial launch
Electrical Power Technician | 2011 – Present
Engineering Systems Inc. Columbus, OH
• Create and manage software programs to address the system’s electric power needs
• Design, develop and fabricate various radiation detection systems to facilitate power enhancement
• Actively participate in the verification and validation of prototype designs for power channeling
• Developed a highly commended electrical technical blueprint based on a lead engineer’s idea thus making its implementation possible
• Troubleshot and repaired several electrical products and systems that were deemed irreparable and saved replacement costs up till $50K
Junior Technician | 2009 – 2011
BEN Power and Electricity Works, Columbus, OH
• Familiarized the company’s nontechnical personnel with electrical equipment and its safe handling
• Provided technical support for WVPA monitoring
• Assisted in development, manufacturing, and maintenance of new electrical systems at the building and at customer sites
• Installed a relatively new equipment at protocol customer’s worksites for test running and developed a whole manual independently to facilitate the users
B.S. Degree in Electrical Technology
Institute of Technology, Columbus, OH | 2009