Before you write a resume for child care worker position, you should keep in mind that employers are very selective about this position.
Therefore, emphasize your loving and nurturing nature to get noticed.
In your resume, showcase your relevant experiences, skills, qualifications, and accomplishments logically so that parents know they’re making the right choice by hiring you to care for their children.
The following is a functional or skills-based resume sample for a child care worker position. This format emphasizes on relevant skills and expertise rather than practical experiences.
As a matter of fact, it is very suitable for entry-level candidates or those who have very less experience.
Child Care Worker Resume Sample
63 Alex Street | Houston, TX 87998 | (000) 333-9898 | [Email]
Child Care Worker
Energetic | Friendly | Dependable | Punctual
• 3+ years of extensive experience working in the child care field
• CPR (infant and child)
• Crisis prevention/intervention training
• Current Houston’s Driver’s License
• Highly skilled in supervising and interacting with children positively.
• Well versed in providing affection and safety to children.
• Able to prepare hygienic meals.
• Adept at directing children in eating, resting, and personal cleanliness.
• Proven record of handling special issues properly.
• Demonstrated ability to provide proper direction of children in their daily routine.
• Substantial knowledge of giving out medicine to children.
• Known for maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries with families.
• Experience working with children with special needs.
|✓ Flexible schedule|
✓ Multicultural interaction
|✓ Emergency handling|
|✓ Relationship building|
✓ Decision making
• Supervise activities for children
• Prepare and serve meals utilizing provided menus
• Attend staff meetings and training
• Offer children with positive reinforcement
• Provide first aid treatment as necessary
• Maintained the order, security, and sanitation of the facility
• Performed housekeeping and laundry
• Supervised children in everyday jobs
• Maintained complete and accurate daily records
• Implemented behavior modification techniques as instructed
Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Development
Houston Community College – Houston, TX | 2014
“I am poised to deliver exceptional service with a pleasant demeanor.”
Exemplary professional references available