The success of a resume for ESL Teacher Assistant depends on two things, i.e., format and content.
Once you know that these two aspects of a resume are most looked at, you will be able to design a resume that meets the individual needs of each employer.
An easy to use ESL Teacher Assistant Resume Sample is given below for your reference:
Sample Resume for ESL Teacher Assistant Job
7 University Avenue | Williston, ND 65858 | (000) 999-9999 | sabred @email .com
Dedicated ESL Teacher Assistant with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in assisting lead teachers to teach English as a second language. An approachable and communicable individual, with a patient nature and a great ability to help people of different age brackets learn the language. Track record of effectively planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups.
• Highly experienced in preparing and setting tests and examinations to determine the individual level of learning of each student.
• Demonstrated expertise in devising, writing and producing new material and audio and video resources to aid learning.
• Well-versed in evaluating each student to determine his or her specific strengths and weaknesses and providing one on one training.
|• Lesson Development||• Training Sessions Handling|
|• Materials Research||• Student Evaluation|
|• Creative Teaching Strategies||• Extracurricular Support|
|• Reading Support||• Behavioral Management|
|• One-on-one Tutoring||• Language Proficiency Support|
|• Clerical Support||• ESL Tier Program Management|
• Created and implemented a one of its kind activities activities-based ESL learning program to meet the individual needs of each student.
• Successfully placed 35 students in mainstream English language programs following dedicated instruction and assessment.
• Implemented a unique vocabulary building program that focused on assisting students with difficulty in reading.
• Conducted a series of corporate training events to meet foreign business professionals’ language needs while stationed in the US.
ESL Teacher Assistant
Civitas Education Partners, Williston, ND | 2013 – Present
• Assess each student to determine his or her English language skills and limitations.
• Assist in creating and implementing individualized lesson plans to meet each student’s specific language development requirements.
• Impart lessons in a defined manner, primarily concentrating on weak areas and student limitations.
• Assist international students in understanding and appreciating social and cultural norms.
• Provide one on one assistance to students who are unable to understand language concepts.
• Administer tests and examinations to gauge each student’s learning progress.
• Assess students through evaluation programs and personal assessments and assist them in determining their weak areas.
• Communicate student progress to parents or guardians and provide support and advice to help them make the best of their education.
Williston Public School, Williston, ND | 2007 – 2013
• Assisted lead ESL teacher in determining each student’s individual learning needs.
• Researched study aids and resources and developed them in a manner that they can be used in a classroom environment.
• Provided support in handling in-class behavior by both modeling and implementing standards for ethical conduct.
• Provided individual attention to students with special needs, while focusing on their comfort and wellbeing.
• Created and maintained accurate and updated records of each student and ensured that all student information was kept confidential.
Master of Arts in English – 2009
North Dakota State University, Williston, ND
TEFL – 2010
Teachers’ Education Hub, Williston, ND
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Internet, Email and Social Media Interaction
Last updated on