The role of an early childhood teacher is vital as she is responsible for helping children develop both socially and intellectually.
Early childhood teachers have a great responsibility on their shoulders. They manage a group of children in terms of both instruction and behavior and are expected to be hands-on in creating lessons and imparting them effectively.
Early childhood teachers are expected to possess some qualification that makes them ready to handle the needs of little children.
When you apply for a position in this capacity, make sure that your resume holds this information; it will compel an employer to look at your resume seriously.
The following resume samples for the position of early childhood teacher will be helpful.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
300 W 44th Street
New York, NY 88901
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER
Professionalism | High Energy | Strong Work Ethic
Methodical and disciplined Early Childhood Teacher with 11+ years of experience in planning and implementing activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children. Well-versed in maintaining records, cleanliness, and orderliness in the classroom. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Encouraging learning and developmental activities and specialized programs.
• Creating age-appropriate curriculum and lesson plans to meet the individual needs of students.
• Communicating with preschoolers by coming down to their intellectual level.
• Creating instruction plans aimed at the physical, cognitive and social development of children.
• Handling behavior problems and commanding respect in a classroom environment.
• Devised and implemented age-appropriate curriculum for three levels of early childhood education programs
• Managed implementation of the Special Needs in Early Childhood Education program
• Trained eleven new hires as lead teachers and assistant teachers
• Introduced a program titled Rapport which proved instrumental in bringing teachers and parents together in order to discuss progress and problems
Hogwarts Preschool, New City, NY
Nov 2017 – Present
• Create and implement an appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of preschoolers
• Devise lesson plans and impart instruction
• Enrich and modify lessons and materials to meet the individual student’s level of progress
• Manage student behavior in and outside the classroom
• Prepare materials to aid learning processes
• Review student progress through assessments
• Develop intervention strategies to ensure students’ social and educational growth
• Confer with parents regarding their children’s progress and improvement needs
ABC School, Atlantic City, NJ
2007 – 2017
• Assisted lead teacher in developing and imparting lesson plan instruction
• Developed and handed out materials to aid the learning process
• Assisted students in managing class assignments
• Organized class space to ensure an optimum learning environment
• Assisted students at lunchtime and with toileting needs
• Assisted lead teacher in managing students’ assessments
• Safeguarded confidential information
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Early Childhood Teacher Certification
Saint James Academy, New York, NY – 2005
New York State University, New York, NY – 2004
Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
32 Taylor Street
Houston, TX 32666
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROFESSIONAL
Nurturing, creative and enthusiastic
• 7+ years’ extensive experience in teaching early childhood education classes for ages 0 – 5.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safe environment for young children.
• Effective skills in providing information to parents about child development.
• Able to work in a family-centered program and perform duties per the requirements of the families.
• Well-versed in supporting the social and emotional development of kids.
• Curriculum development
• Parent support
• Group work
• Evaluations /assessments
• Service Coordination
• Team meeting
Early Childhood Teacher
Evergreen Services, Houston, TX
Jul 2019 – Present
• Create a positive classroom environment favorable to learning and suitable for the physical, social, and emotional growth of students.
• Emphasize language growth and develop linguistic skills.
• Assist in the homework of children to fully take part in program services.
• Establish instructional programs derived from methodically based reading research.
• Offer activities and opportunities that give confidence, curiosity, and problem-solving skills.
Early Childhood Assistant
ABC Academy, Houston, TX
Jan 2017 – Jul 2019
• Utilized books, tools, and instructional materials suitable for the early childhood program.
• Focused on culturally diversified experiences in the classroom.
• Maintained attendance records of children.
• Attended early childhood team meetings.
• Participated in team planning sessions with all project employees to make sure well-coordinated and successful delivery of project services to meet program objectives.
B.S Degree in Elementary Education (Early Childhood PK-3 emphasis)
Texas State University, Austin, TX – 2015
CPR and First Aid Certified
• Flexible and adjustable to meet the requirements of the children and program
• Skilled in working with co-workers and children from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent Supervisory skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Exceptional professional references are available