The role of an early childhood teacher is vital as she is responsible for helping children develop both socially and intellectually. Early childhood teachers are expected to possess some qualification that makes them ready to handle the needs of little children. When you apply for a position in this capacity, make sure that your resume holds this information; it will compel an employer to look at your resume seriously.
Early childhood teachers have a great responsibility on their shoulders. They manage a group of children in terms of both instruction and behavior and are expected to be hands-on in creating lessons and imparting them effectively.
The following resume sample for the position of an early childhood teacher will be helpful.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample
300 W 44th Street ● New York, NY 88901 ● Cellular: (999) 999-9999 ● Email:
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER
Professionalism | High Energy | Strong Work Ethic
Methodical and disciplined Early Childhood Teacher with 11+ years’ experience in planning and implementing activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children. Well versed in maintaining records, cleanliness, and orderliness of the classroom. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Encouraging learning and developmental activities and specialized programs.
• Creating age-appropriate curriculum and lesson plans to meet the individual needs of students.
• Communicating with preschoolers by coming down to their intellectual level.
• Creating instruction plans aimed at the physical, cognitive and social development of children.
• Handling behavior problems and commanding respect in a classroom environment.
• Devised and implemented age-appropriate curriculum for three levels of early childhood education programs
• Managed implementation of the Special Needs in Early Childhood Education program
• Trained eleven new hires as lead teachers and assistant teachers
• Introduced a program titled Rapport which proved instrumental in bringing teachers and parents together in order to discuss progress and problems
Hogwarts Preschool, New City, NY | Nov 2010 – Present
• Create and implement appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of preschoolers
• Devise lesson plans and impart instruction
• Enrich and modify lessons and materials to meet the individual student’s level of progress
• Manage student behavior in and outside the classroom
• Prepare materials to aid learning processes
• Review student progress through assessments
• Develop intervention strategies to ensure students’ social and educational growth
• Confer with parents regarding their children’s progress and improvement needs
ABC School, Atlantic City, NJ | 2007 – 2010
• Assisted lead teacher in developing and imparting lesson plan instruction
• Developed and handed out materials to aid the learning process
• Assisted students in managing class assignments
• Organized class space to ensure an optimum learning environment
• Assisted students at lunchtime and with toileting needs
• Assisted lead teacher in managing students’ assessments
• Safeguarded confidential information
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Early Childhood Teacher Certification
Saint James Academy, New York, NY – 2005
New York State University, New York, NY – 2004
Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid