Where resumes are concerned, any information that may have a negative impact on your reputation as a candidate needs to go!
Your resume is not a place to accentuate your negative points.
That said, it is a place to emphasize your excellent points and downplay anything that won’t sell well. This is what the following resume does:
Sample Resume for Factory Supervisor Position
202 Lower Road
East Canaan, CT 55586
FACTORY SHIFT SUPERVISOR
• 19+ years’ experience in leading staff members to excel in production work.
• Highly organized with a deep sense of responsibility aimed at meeting production deadlines effectively.
• Increased staff efficiency by 58% by implementing motivational tactics within factory work hours.
• Maintained quality of end product by 100% from 2011 onwards, owing to enforcement of strict quality control procedures.
• Implemented a staff scheduling plan that left absolutely no room for problems arising from absenteeism.
• Delivered all 1500 projects from 2010 to 2016 well within the timelines decided for each one of them.
Factory Shift Supervisor
IMMI Inc., East Canaan, CT
6/2013 – Present
• Create workers’ schedules on a weekly basis to ensure that all positions are constantly filled
• Orient employees to new production processes and train them on inter-departmental activities
• Assign tasks to each worker based on his or her specific strengths and abilities
• Monitor the work of each employee and ensure that any room for improvement is addressed immediately
• Conduct performance reviews and provide workers with additional training where required
• Check equipment to ensure that it conforms to both safety and production capability standards
City Factory, East Canaan, CT
8/2005 – 6/2013
• Provided education to employees regarding safe workplace habits
• Coordinated repairs for equipment and machinery to minimize downtime
• Addressed workers’ concerns and complaints in an efficient manner to ensure consistent productivity
• Handled production cycles on a daily basis and ensured that all equipment and materials were at hand
• Calibrated machines to ensure that they were in proper working order.
• Loaded and unloaded items to and from production machines.
• Regulated the flow of liquid and gas to ensure proper heat to aid production processes.
• Performed preventative maintenance on machines and equipment to keep them in order.
High School Diploma
St. Adam’s High School, East Canaan, CT
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Shift Scheduling – Workplace Safety
– Production Startups – Change Management
– Quality Control – Specifications Conformance
– Process Monitoring – Performance Analysis
– Process Improvement – Workers Rotation
– Budget Tracking – Strategic Planning