A manufacturing environment uses a range of equipment to produce goods. In order to run manufacturing equipment and machinery, trained professionals are required. Manufacturing technicians are trained in operating and maintaining production machinery to assist materials processing.
Manufacturing technicians perform many tasks akin to setting up and calibrating machinery and ensuring that each process is carried out properly.
While needing a minimum of a high school diploma to work at this position, manufacturing technicians need to be well-versed in the work which is why previous experience is preferable.
The following resume is indicative of a candidate’s experience and skills in the manufacturing world.
Manufacturing Technician Resume Example
312 Independence Drive, Southampton, PA 66790
Cellular: (999) 999-9999, Email:
Top-performing Manufacturing Technician with extensive experience in maintaining and operating a variety of manufacturing equipment to expedite production processes. Trained in following safety protocols with a broad knowledge of workplace health and safety procedures.
• Ability to read and understand manufacturing schematics
• Knowledge of delivering timely project deliverables
• Expert in managing mechanical assemblies and framework modifications
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills aimed at reducing equipment downtime
• Heightened comprehension of scientific principles targeted at identifying production problems
United Technologies, Southampton, PA | 2011-present
• Prepare equipment to run manufacturing processes
• Test products for appropriate functionality
• Monitor and adjust production processes and equipment to ensure quality
• Prepare, assemble and load manufacturing materials
• Assemble, test and pack manufactured products
• Calibrate and adjust equipment to meet optimum quality levels
• Maintain production logs and prepare documents
• Initialize and shut down processing equipment
• Troubleshoot equipment problems and install new equipment
• Identified room for process improvements and implemented plans to reduce cost while improving quality
• Introduced documentation processes for customized products in order to engender duplication of configuration at a later time
Manufacturing Technician Assistant
United Technologies, Southampton, PA | 2004-2011
• Assisted in supporting floor procedures and practices
• Gained understanding of quality systems and process improvements
• Assisted in controlling production quality
• Tested materials pre and post-production
• Improved the manufacturing process by providing valuable feedback on the quality of end products
• Improved business efficiency by writing a technical manual for complex manufacturing equipment
High School Diploma
Community College, Southampton, PA | 2003
• Training Skills Workshop
• Structured Problem Resolution
• Seven Step Production Troubleshooting
• Self Sustaining Technician
• Management of Hazardous Energies