Working at Starbucks as a shift supervisor requires a solid skillset. The skills that you possess need to be placed in your job application documents so that the hiring manager can determine what you have to offer to him.
Specific skills of a shift supervisor in this capacity will include knowledge of overseeing staff scheduling work and ensuring the delivery of excellent customer services.
Apart from these, you must highlight your ability to handle a wide variety of work processes such as maintaining clean and organized coffee shops and performing POS duties.
Also, you must mention the fact that you are able to handle complaints and other problems that may arise during your shift.
As a shift supervisor at Starbucks, you will be expected to possess excellent leadership qualities. Showing them in your job application documents is essential.
Related: Starbucks Barista Resume
Here are a few skills statements that you can use to highlight your knowledge of the work:
Starbucks Shift Supervisor Skills and Abilities
• Experienced in developing staff schedules, and ensuring that they are implemented on time
• Able to oversee the work of each staff member, and provide feedback
• Exceptional knowledge of maintaining a clean, organized, and stocked coffee shop environment
• Demonstrated expertise in establishing and maintaining effective and positive communications with staff members
• Proficient in performing POS duties, including payment processing, and receipt rendering
• Skilled in assisting managers in maintaining proper coverage, and team member schedules
• Adept at providing guidance, and actively setting an example for team members, ensuring SOPs are followed
• Solid track record of promoting and practicing safe work habits, reporting safety hazards, and operational inconsistencies
• Proven ability to maintain a calm demeanor during high-volume periods
• Expert in anticipating customers’ needs, and ensuring that they are serviced efficiently
• Unmatched ability to supervise all coffee shop operations in order to ensure successful brand standards execution
• Deeply familiar with creating and maintaining effective liaison with vendors and suppliers, aimed at ensuring timely deliveries
• Focused on providing customers with high levels of services, in a bit to ensure repeat business opportunities
• Competent in resolving customers’ complaints and problems, focusing on retention and satisfaction
• Able to conduct daily stand-up meetings with food and beverage teams to prioritize daily activities
• Well-versed in monitoring staff performance, and providing them with real-time feedback and coaching
• Exceptionally talented in handling pack performance management, such as employee reviews, corrective actions, and investigations