There are times when a student’s academic and professional lives cross paths.
An internship is usually required by many universities in order to complete a degree program. In such a case, students have to obtain internships.
The problem here is that writing a resume to apply for an internship position is often considered a huge issue. Why?
For one, students do not have prior experience, so what exactly must they place in a resume?
The good news is that you can write a lot in a resume even if you have not held a formal job before. After all, everyone has to start somewhere!
Depending on which department you want to intern in, you have to write your resume accordingly.
The following resume sample for a student intern is written to obtain a sales internship. You can tweak it to suit the position for which you are applying:
See also: Student Intern Cover Letter
Student Intern Resume Sample
12 Country Road SE
Walla Walla, WA57023
Highly enthusiastic individual, with a solid interest in marketing and sales. Deeply familiar with assisting in monitoring active marketing programs, and developing avenues to improve marketing campaigns Exceptionally talented in providing sales advice to customers, based on their specific needs and interests.
Bachelor of Business Administration (ongoing)
Washington State University, Walla Walla, WA – 2019
Award and Honors
• Honored for making it to the Dean’s list 3 times in a row, owing to excellent academic record
• Received honor for representing the university at a sales convention (organized especially for students), held in Tacoma, WA, in 2018
• Consistently received high GPA during the entirety of the degree program
• Suggested incorporation of an in-house work program, as a result, increased students’ interest in business programs
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Customer Liaison
• Stock Levels Management
• Visual Merchandising
• Complaint Handling
• POS Management
• Shipments Management
• Product Presentation
Harrord’s, Walla Walla,WA | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Greeted customers and provided them with information on available products
• Assisted customers in locating and choosing products
• Demonstrated product features and benefits
• Led customers through payment procedures
• Handled stocking and inventory management tasks
• Reported inventory or low stock situations to supervisors
• POS Software
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
English, French, and Spanish
• Volunteered services at Garden for Children, Walla Walla’s only orphanage
• Led a team of volunteers on River Mane Cleanup Mission