A resume for the steward position is a short snapshot of your skills and experiences. It is a marketing tool that persuades hiring managers to invite you for an interview.
A good steward resume needs to be:
- Action-oriented, detailed, and succinct with a particular focus on achievements.
- Organized and easy to read with identifiable sections and efficient use of white space.
- Focused and motivates the hiring manager to read the information most relevant to the steward position.
- Based on the applicant’s skills as a steward.
Sample Resume for Steward Position
Competent and highly motivated Steward with an 8-plus-year proven track record of delivering exceptional food and beverage services to customers. Recognized for exceeding both company standards and customer expectations. Demonstrated expertise in assisting with the delivery of an enjoyable and safe experience for restaurant patrons.
• Highly skilled in supervising kitchen employees to ensure clean and efficient food service.
• Competent in inspecting kitchens, workrooms, and storage areas to ensure order and sanitation.
• Proficient in observing and evaluating workers’ performance to devise efficiency-improving methods.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Cleaning and Maintenance – Stocking and Rotation
– Kitchen Operations – Supplies Delivery Handling
– Optimal Patron Services – Standard Maintenance
– Special Order Handling – Sanitation Controls
– Equipment Maintenance – Safe Waste Disposal
– Stock Rotation – Sanitation Codes
Starwood Hotels, Hickory, NC
4/2018 – Present
• Supervise kitchen employees to ensure that they are working in sync with restaurant protocols.
• Assign kitchen helpers and dishwasher duties on a daily basis.
• Inspect kitchens and work areas to ensure that they are clean and sanitized.
• Interview, hire, and train employees to handle kitchen work not associated with food preparation.
• Observe and evaluate workers’ performance and devise methods to improve efficiency.
• Take and record inventory of dishware and flatware.
• Check inventory to ensure a sufficient supply of materials needed for cooking and washing.
• Attend to customers’ complaints and requests with the aim of ensuring appropriate customer services.
• Greet customers and show them to their tables and ensure that hosts/waiters attend to them promptly.
- Introduced strict sanitation controls which reduced complaints regarding food quality by 79%.
- Commended for handling a particular food order due to the exceptional and on-time delivery of food and beverage services.
RITZ, Hickory, NC
8/2015 – 4/2018
• Greeted patrons when they arrived in the restaurant area and led them to their tables.
• Offered menus and provided information regarding the day’s specials.
• Helped patrons in deciding their order by providing them with ingredient and preparation information.
• Took and recorded orders and provided a timeline for order delivery.
• Relayed order information to the kitchen and followed up on the same.
• Checked for the portion size of the prepared order and served food and beverages to patrons.
• Assisted in processing payments and tendering change.
• Ensured the general cleanliness of the restaurant area and handled condiments stocking duties.
- Reduced food spoilage by 58% by suggesting that stock rotation activities are undertaken on a regular basis.
- Implemented a safe waste disposal system that worked on the dynamics of disposing of kitchen waste every hour.
High School Diploma
City High School, Hickory, NC –
Sample Skills for Steward Resume
- Food storage, rotation, and preparation
- Food preparation
- Salad preparation
- Sanitation standards maintenance
- Placement of items in storage
- Assisting wait staff
- Setting up highchairs
- Tables set up
- Seasonal decorations set up
- Offering menus
- Following protocols
- Tables preparation
- Customer Service
- Friendly disposition