A resume for steward position is a summary of the candidate’s skills and experiences. It is a marketing tool which persuades the hiring managers with the view to obtain an interview.
A good steward resume is:
• Action-oriented, detailed and succinct with a particular focus on achievements.
• Organized and easy to read with identifiable sections and efficient use of white space.
• Focused and motivates the hiring manager to read the information most relevant to the steward position.
Steward Resume Sample
1888 Wynnshire Drive ● Hickory, NC 99929 ● (000) 451-4512 ● [Email]
Competent and highly motivated Steward with an 8-plus-year proven track record of delivering exceptional food and beverage services to customers. Recognized for exceeding both company standards and customer’s expectations. Demonstrated expertise in assisting with the delivery of an enjoyable and safe experience for restaurant patrons. Special talents include:
• Highly skilled in supervising kitchen employees to ensure clean and efficient food service.
• Competent in inspecting kitchens, workrooms, and storage areas to ensure order and sanitation.
• Proficient in observing and evaluating workers’ performance to devise efficiency improving methods.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|– Cleaning and Maintenance||– Stocking and Rotation||– Kitchen Operations|
|– Supplies Delivery Handling||– Optimal Patron Services||– Standard Maintenance|
|– Special Order Handling||– Sanitation Controls||– Equipment Maintenance|
|– Safe Waste Disposal||– Stock Rotation||– Sanitation Codes|
Starwood Hotels, Hickory, NC (4/2011 to Present)
• Supervise kitchen employees to ensure that they are working in sync with restaurant protocols.
• Assign kitchen helpers and dishwashers duties on a daily basis.
• Inspect kitchens and work areas to ensure that they are clean and sanitized.
• Interview, hire and train employees to handle kitchen work not associated with food preparation.
• Observe and evaluate workers’ performance and devise methods to improve efficiency.
• Take and record inventory of dishware and flatware.
• Check inventory to ensure sufficient supply of materials needed for cooking and washing.
• Attend to customers’ complaints and requests with the aim of ensuring appropriate customer services.
• Greet customers and show them to their tables and ensure that hosts/waiters attend to them promptly.
• Introduced strict sanitation controls which reduced complaints regarding food quality by 79%.
• Commended for handling a particular food order due to the exceptional and on-time delivery of food and beverage services.
RITZ, Hickory, NC (8/2010 to 4/2011)
• Welcomed patrons when they arrived in the restaurant area and led them to their tables.
• Offered menus and provided information regarding the day’s specials.
• Assisted patrons in deciding their order by providing them with ingredient and preparation information.
• Took and recorded orders and provided a timeline for order delivery.
• Relayed order information to the kitchen and followed up on.
• Checked for the portion size of the prepared order and served food and beverages to patrons.
• Assisted in processing payments and tendering change.
• Ascertained the general cleanliness of the restaurant area and handled condiments stocking duties.
• Reduced food spoilage by 58% by suggesting that stock rotation activities are undertaken on a regular basis.
• Implemented a safe waste disposal system which worked on the dynamics of disposing of kitchen waste every hour.
City High School, Hickory, NC – 2009
High School Diploma