You can never be sure about the type of technology that is going to be used to scan your resume.
The best thing to do is call and ask. If it is a human who will be going through your resume, you will need to write it in a different manner than you would when an ATS (application tracking system) is going to scan your resume.
For the latter, you will need to make sure that you use most of the keywords provided in the advertisement for that particular job.
Either way, you must add a human touch to your resume because eventually, it will be looked over by a human – the hiring manager. Here is a hotel steward resume sample that is perfect for scanning by the ATS and humans!
Hotel Steward Resume Sample
2563 30th Avenue, Fargo ● ND 20321 ● (000) 142-7474 ● [Email]
Dedicated and Committed Hotel Steward with extensive experience of working in the hospitality industry. Documented success in managing guests to ensure continued satisfaction and return business. A detail-oriented and extremely well-organized individual who has a penchant for handling staff requirements and inventory control procedures smoothly. Consistently offers professional and proactive guest services while supporting food and beverage operations.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Guest-focused||• Problem Resolution||• Premise Safety|
|• Inventory Management||• Fire Safety||• Hazardous Waste Disposal|
|• Sanitation||• Requisitioning||• Equipment Setup|
|• Staff Scheduling||• Food Replenishment||• Staff Oversight|
• Reorganized the inventory management system by introducing a specific module that dynamically provided alerts for low running cleaning supplies.
• Increased the safety of the hotel premises by implementing a program that dictated “no fire hazard materials allowed inside guest rooms.”
• Handled equipment setup and breakdown for five events simultaneously taking place inside the hotel premises.
• Developed and implemented a safe system to eliminate hazardous waste from the premises without the fear of exposure.
MARRIOTT, Fargo, ND (8/2013 – Present)
• Assist in and oversee general sanitation and cleaning duties within the hospital premises.
• Inspect walls and floors to ensure that proper levels of sanitation are being maintained.
• Schedule and supervise crew members to perform cleaning and sanitation work.
• Monitor inventories of cleaning and food materials and ensure that any procurements needs are efficiently fulfilled.
• Screen buffet areas, parking lots and entrances to ensure that they are kept clean and presentable at all times.
CITY HOTEL, Fargo, ND (5/2010 – 8/2013)
• Ascertained that all staff members meet the cleanliness and personal hygiene protocols of the hotel.
• Took daily stock inventories and log breakage or loss according to prescribed formats.
• Created and maintained productivity reports and formulate plans to improve efficiency.
• Cleaned and sanitized floors in lobbies, waiting areas and guest rooms.
Holiday Inn, Fargo, ND (1/2006 – 5/2010)
• Replenished supplies in bathrooms and ensured that any dirty linen is transported to the laundry.
• Washed windows and curtains and dusted window blinds, along with vacuuming and shampooing carpets.
• Removed trash from rooms, bathrooms and kitchen areas and ensured that it was properly and safely disposed of.
• Dusted furniture and fixtures and made sure that parking lots and drop areas are continuously kept clean.
High School Diploma – 2005
THE OAK SCHOOL, Fargo, ND