Being a professional in your special education arena is not sufficient, especially when it is time to reach out to a prospective employer.
What works here is your ability to create a resume that says more about you than anything else will.
And to be able to write such a resume, you need three things i.e. good format, great writing skills and ability to stay relevant.
Here is a sample resume for special education assistant position to show you how this can be done.
Special Education Assistant Resume Sample
721 Peach Avenue | Fresno, CA 56520 | (000) 824-6321 | jessicaholland @ email .com
SPECIAL EDUCATION ASSISTANT
Reliably achieving performance goals
Dedicated Special Education Assistant with extensive experience in performing human support and paraprofessional work. Documented success in assisting lead teachers in creating and imparting educational programs to meet the individual needs of students. Proactive and helpful approach.
CORE PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
|– Mobility Assistance||– Instructional Support||– Counseling|
|– Equipment Operations||– Behavior Modification||– Record Keeping|
|– Toileting/Clothing Support||– Materials Research||– Demonstrations|
|– Monitoring||– Student Safety||– Student Assessment|
Special Education Assistant
Fresno Behavioral Healthcare, Fresno, CA | 6/2014 – Present
• Recognize the signs of distress in a student by closely monitoring him and raising the alarm, thereby saving him from hurting himself.
• Implement a behavior modification plan for students with ADHD, which is now being used as a base to create customized modules.
• Create and maintain meaningful relationships with students to determine their individual special needs.
• Assist lead teacher in creating and implementing lessons by providing support in imparting each module and concept.
• Instruct students individually or in groups.
• Provide special assistance to those who may have attention issues.
• Monitor students within the class to ensure that they are paying attention and to make sure that their physical and emotional safety is assured.
• Create records of each student.
Special Education Assistant
City School, Fresno, CA | 8/2009 – 6/2014
• Introduced the concept of “self-reliance”, which encouraged students to work on their own in controlled environments.
• Singlehandedly created a student record keeping systems that was deemed 85% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Escorted students to and from washrooms and cafeterias and assisted them with their toileting and eating needs.
• Evaluated each students on a constant basis.
• Provided relevant feedback to the lead teacher.
• Assisted students with mobility needs by lifting them in and out of wheelchairs and assisting them on the school bus
• Ensured that all records were updated on a periodic basis.
Fresno Public Schools, Fresno, CA| 2/2007 – 8/2009
• Monitored classroom during the teacher’s absence or when classwork was being done.
• Assisted students in understand difficult concepts by providing them with one on one help.
• Ascertained the overall safety and wellbeing of each student by ensuring that the class environment was safe and secure.
• Took and recorded attendance and provided feedback to the lead teacher in cases of tardiness or low attendance.
• Supervised students outside of class, especially during lunch time, outdoor activities and with embarking and disembarking from the school bus.
California State University, Fresno, CA – 2002
Bachelor of Science in Education
Concentration: Special Education