One thing that you can be sure of when writing a resume is that you will be overwhelmed.
That is how resume writing is designed.
One has to be quite exceptional at writing resumes for the end result to be truly inspiring.
However, you can do it too if you know how to arrange information in a resume.
Here it is!
45 River Road | Orland, IL 20202 | (000) 999-9999 | davidfrenk @ email . com
HIGH END SERVER
Customer service-oriented, self-motivated individual with a wide-ranging exposure to working in fine dining restaurants. Special talent for delivering food and beverages in a systematic and prompt manner. Diligent and hardworking with special focus on providing quality food and beverage service to ensure patron satisfaction. Excel in gauging patrons’ food service needs and addressing their problems and complaints.
|✓ Portion Management||✓ Buffet Setup||✓ Food Delivery|
|✓ Customer Service||✓ Drinks Preparation||✓ Cashiering Support|
|✓ Order Follow-up||✓ Cleaning and Sanitation||✓ Wine Presentation|
|✓ Upselling||✓ Bussing Support||✓ Safe Food Handling|
• Successfully served a party of 58 customers in one shift, without a single order mix up or complaint
• Proved invaluable in implementing a reservation system, which resulted in higher customer satisfaction, due to decreased waiting time
• Introduced the refillable condiments station, thereby reducing the workload of bussers and servers
• Retained a particularly dissatisfied patron who had been at the receiving end of bad service from a waiter, by handling the situation with tact and professionalism
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
High End Server
The Hyatt, Orland, IL | 5/2011 – Present
• Assist patrons in finding tables according to their specific requirements and seat them appropriately
• Present menus and provide information on the day’s special to encourage patrons to order well
• Take patrons’ orders from waiters and relay them to the kitchen area, following up consistently
• Check prepared meals for accuracy and portioning and carry them to patrons’ tables
• Serve food items to patrons and suggest beverages that will complement their meals
• Take orders for beverages, including wine and juices and ensure that they are delivered to the patron in a timely manner
• Set up and break down buffet tables and clean and bus tables before the next set of customers arrive
• Ascertain the cleanliness and sanitization of all surfaces within the restaurant
Fast Food Worker
John’s Burgers, Orland, IL | 8/2007 – 5/2011
• Greeted customers, presented them with menus and assisted them in making choices
• Punched in orders into the database and provided customers with information on payable amounts
• Processed cash and credit card payments and tendered change and receipts
• Followed up on placed orders and performed food preparation and packing duties to expedite them
• Ascertain that condiments such as dips and sauces are packed or served with orders
• Cleaned and maintained order and cash counters and ensured that all table and chairs were properly set at all times
Grocery Clerk | AA Superstore, Orland, IL | 1/2006 – 3/2007
High School Diploma – 2005
Orland High School, Orland, IL
Current Illinois Food Handler Card