Mere words on paper do not make resumes. Resumes for catering server positions are “created” rather than written.
As a base document that denotes our ability to work in a professional environment, nothing is more important than creating a resume that shouts out your work-related capabilities.
But resumes are notoriously difficult to compose. Maybe because we find them cumbersome due to the amount of information that is required to fill out a format.
But do not be fooled into thinking that you have to write a lot of information. The quality of information that you provide is much more important than the quantity. Keeping this in mind, you may prepare your resume according to the format provided below:
Sample Resume for Catering Server Position
79 Elbert Lane
New Douglas, IL 62058
hanfran @ email . com
Dedicated catering server with deep exposure to setting up, servicing, and breaking down assigned catering functions in a safe manner, aimed at providing exemplary food service to customers. Highly effective in ensuring station readiness and provision of exceptional customer service at each station. Known to politely greet guests and offer them welcome drinks, keep stations clean, and set up appropriately during the entirety of the catered events.
Catering Server | 12/2011 to Present
Masonic Village, New Douglas, IL
• Greet guests and assist them in finding appropriate tables
• Set up buffet tables by ensuring that all cutlery, dishes, and glassware are available
• Carve stations set them up with required objects such as condiments and napkins
• Run food during catered events and buffets and replenish supplies in compliance with the standards of the event
• Set up a catering event for 500 people on short notice of 1 day, without any significant problems hindering the setup.
• Introduced the concept of several catering stations, increasing serving efficiency by 50%.
• Provided training to other catering servers in resetting the table within 1 minute of guest departure, resulting in increased guest satisfaction due to constantly available tables.
• Increased the sales of beverages by 50% by aggressive upselling activities.
Catering Server | 8/2008 – 12/2011
AA Restaurant, New Douglas, IL
• Ensure that food items are properly displayed in dishes and that any salads or sidelines are available
• Coordinate kitchen services to ensure prompt delivery of food items and beverages to appropriate stations
• Clean, organize and restock products and/or equipment returning from catered events
• Perform upselling activities to increase the company’s beverage and sidelines sales
Server | 2/2004 – 8/2008
The Green Deli, New Douglas, IL
• Took orders from waiters and relayed them on to the kitchen area
• Followed up on orders to ensure that they are promptly prepared and delivered
• Checked accuracy of order and ensured that appropriate portioning is done
• Carried orders to customers’ tables and served them by following the company’s instructions on decorum and customer services
• Serviced additional orders for food and beverage items and ensured that they were served in a timely manner
High School Diploma
New Douglas High School, New Douglas
• Table Setup
• Buffet Table Management
• Catering Equipment Maintenance
• Guests’ Needs Monitoring
• Station Restocking
• Payment Processing
• Sanitation Procedures
• Special Food Services
• Food and Beverage Service
• Complaint Handling