Catering servers prepare and serve food items at catered events. They are responsible for setting up and servicing food items before, during, and after an event while providing exceptional customer service all the time.
Catering servers are not only required to set up and serve food at events but are also responsible for preparing food items such as deli plates, salads, and sandwiches.
Setting up buffet tables, serving food and beverage items, and ensuring that there is sufficient food at all times are just a few of the responsibilities of a catering server.
Here is a sample resume for catering server position.
Sample Resume for Catering Server Position
79 Elbert Lane
New Douglas, IL 62058
hanfran @ email . com
Dedicated catering server with deep exposure to setting up, servicing, and breaking down assigned catering functions in a safe manner, aimed at providing exemplary food service to customers. Highly effective in ensuring station readiness and provision of exceptional customer service at each station. Known to politely greet guests and offer them welcome drinks, keep stations clean, and set up appropriately during the entirety of the catered events.
Masonic Village, New Douglas, IL
12/2019 to Present
• Greet guests and assist them in finding appropriate tables
• Set up buffet tables by ensuring that all cutlery, dishes, and glassware are available
• Carve stations set them up with required objects such as condiments and napkins
• Run food during catered events and buffets and replenish supplies in compliance with the standards of the event
• Set up a catering event for 500 people on short notice of 1 day, without any significant problems hindering the setup.
• Introduced the concept of several catering stations, increasing serving efficiency by 50%.
• Provided training to other catering servers in resetting the table within 1 minute of guest departure, resulting in increased guest satisfaction due to constantly available tables.
• Increased the sales of beverages by 50% through aggressive upselling activities.
AA Restaurant, New Douglas, IL
8/2015 – 12/2019
• Ensure that food items are properly displayed in dishes and that any salads or sidelines are available
• Coordinate kitchen services to ensure prompt delivery of food items and beverages to appropriate stations
• Clean, organize and restock products and/or equipment returning from catered events
• Perform upselling activities to increase the company’s beverage and sidelines sales
Server | 2/2004 – 8/2008
The Green Deli, New Douglas, IL
• Took orders from waiters and relayed them to the kitchen area
• Followed up on orders to ensure that they are promptly prepared and delivered
• Checked the accuracy of order and ensured that appropriate portioning is done
• Carried orders to customers’ tables and served them by following the company’s instructions on decorum and customer services
• Serviced additional orders for food and beverage items and ensured that they were served in a timely manner
High School Diploma
New Douglas High School, New Douglas
• Table Setup • Replenishment
• Buffet Table Management
• Catering Equipment Maintenance
• Guests’ Needs Monitoring
• Station Restocking • Payment Processing
• Sanitation Procedures • Special Food Services
• Food and Beverage Service
• Complaint Handling • Upselling
Sample Job Description for Catering Server Resume
To make an effective resume for a catering server position, you need to write an accurate job description in your experience section. See the following sample list of duties and responsibilities of a catering service to make a good resume.
- Greet guests at the venue and assist them in the selection of seats.
- Set up tables with flatware, dishware, and glassware by following established protocols.
- Prepare food items such as salads, soups, or hors d’oeuvres.
- Serve prepared food items to guests along with drinks such as juices or colas.
- Take requests from guests and ensure that all requests are filled.
- Ensure that the correct quantity of food is set up on the banquet table.
- Monitor the number of food items on the banquet table and ensure that there is enough at all times.
- Handle cleaning and resetting duties at the end of an event.
- Clean and sanitize workstations and desks.
- Handle the stocking of food inventory.
- Clear dishware and flatware from banquet tables and ensure fresh ones are set up.
- Ensure a constant supply of clean glassware.
- Provide kitchen workers with information on what items are needed at the front end.
- Assist kitchen workers in preparing orders and setting them up on banquet tables.
- Operate dishwashers or provide support in washing dishes and flatware by hand.
- Receive equipment and supplies and ensure that they are stored properly.
- Polish silverware and fold napkins along with organizing table utensils.
- Carry trays of food to and from the kitchen.
- Assist customers by helping them fill their plates and replenishing their beverages.
- Ensure proper cleanliness of the banquet area.
- Return equipment and supplies to their place of storage at the end of the event.