When writing a resume for a fine dining server position, you may face many problems. Handling special circumstances such as career changes or gaps between jobs can be quite cumbersome.
Thankfully, you don’t need to provide an explanation when you write a resume. However, you will need to mention your relevant skills and experiences.
View the sample below which will help you write a great resume for a fine dining server position.
See also: Fine Dining Server Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Fine Dining Server Position
12 Mill Street, Olympia, WA 22225
tracy.martin @ email . com
FINE DINING SERVER
“I am poised to outperform in a busy food service setting.“
Energetic and customer service-oriented individual with over 13 years of experience working with different fine dining restaurants. Provided top-quality service and maintained a professional attitude at all times. Solid comprehension of the restaurant business with strengths in providing food and wine recommendations. Qualified to efficiently and accurately take orders and provide patrons with information on buffet dishes and choices.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Wine Recommendations • Special Orders Management
• Timely Order Delivery • Customer Service Maximization
• Menu Guidance • Attentive Service
• Serving Etiquette • Customer Engagement
• Buffet Support • Bartending
• Upselling • Food Pairings
Fine Dining Server
Owl Creek Country Club, Olympia, WA
6/2020 – Present
• Increased restaurant revenue by 55% through suggestive selling.
• Singlehandedly managed a group of 28 patrons by providing them with exceptional services during a particularly full rush hour.
• Provided training to 12 fine-dining servers in customer service maximization through an extensive crash training program.
• Provide patrons with information on buffet items and ask them for preferences.
• Take and record orders for food items and provide suggestions for beverage pairings.
• Relay orders to kitchen and bar areas and follow up on orders to ensure timely delivery.
• Serve food and beverage items to patrons and take orders for additional items.
• Assist cashiers in creating bills for services rendered and provide support in handling cash and credit card payments.
• Thank customers for their business and escort them to the exit door.
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of restaurant areas on a continuous basis.
Fine Dining Server
City Restaurant, Olympia, WA
2/2016 – 6/2020
• Increased the restaurant’s popularity by suggesting the introduction of a special menu detailing food pairings.
• Greeted patrons and inquired if they have a reservation made
• Checked reservation books to confirm reservations and lead patrons to their tables.
• Offered menus and provided suggestions and information on the day’s specials.
• Provided excellent tableside services by executing daily menu presentations and recommending gourmet items.
• Served food items by following set standards for fine dining serving.
The Downs, Olympia, WA
2/2012 – 1/2016
• Assisted in taking and recording orders for food and beverage items.
• Followed up on orders from the kitchen and carried order trays to tables.
• Provided support in serving food and beverage items and refilled water glasses as and when required.
• Bussed tables and replaced tablecloths, along with helping in setting up buffet tables.
• Ensured that condiments were available and that the supplies inventory is properly managed.
High School Diploma
Olympia High School, Olympia, WA
Fine Dining Server Job Description for Resume
- Greet customers as they arrive at the restaurant and inquire about their seating preferences.
- Anticipate customers’ seating needs and lead them to appropriate tables.
- Help customers in seating and provide them with menus.
- Provide customers with information on revolving menu items and daily specials.
- Leave customers for a little time to give them a chance to choose from the menu.
- Answer questions about menu items and ingredients.
- Provide information regarding diet items and specials.
- Suggest appropriate wines and other beverages with meals.
- Maintain knowledge of any items that the kitchen may be running out of.
- Take orders for lunch and dinner and repeat taken orders to ensure accuracy.
- Inform customers about the time it will take for their orders to be prepared and served.
- Relay orders to the kitchen, and ensure that they are prepared according to the recipe.
- Check prepared orders for accuracy and portion and ensure that they are served in a time-efficient manner.
- Prepare drinks according to customers’ instructions and serve them in a timely manner.
- Ask customers if they would like anything else with their orders.
- Assist cashiers in preparing checks for served meals and delivering checks to customers.
- Take payment in exchange for services rendered and tender any change.
- Make sure that tables are cleared, cleaned, and bussed properly before the next set of customers arrives.
Sample Skills for Fine Dining Server Resume
- Orders taking
- Food and wine service
- Anticipating guests’ needs
- Foodservice protocols
- Wine Recommendations
- Menu Guidance
- Serving Etiquette
- Customer Engagement
- Buffet Support
- Food Pairings
- Tables setup
- Cutlery and napkin handling
- Taking instructions
- Bills and payments handling
- Workplace cleaning and sanitation
- Suggestive selling
- Neat appearance
- Pleasant demeanor
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye coordination
- Friendly and fun
- Able to work under stress
- Conflict management