Bussers are also known as busboys or busgirls. They assist servers and other staff in restaurants. Capable bussers perform food service tasks efficiently and speedily.
The busser resume is a useful tool to introduce a candidate and their skills to an employer. If formatted well and arranged logically, it can bring an interview to candidate. It generates employer’s interest towards the applicant’s profile and qualifications.
As bussing is usually an entry-level position, you should start your resume with a strong and targeted objective or summary statement. Mention your relevant skills, qualifications, relevant experience and qualifications afterwards.
See also: Cover Letter for Busser
Busser Resume Sample
773 Landing Drive | Aurora, IL 88292 | (000) 547-9372 | jack @ email . com
Passionate for 100% guest delight.
Driven and goal-oriented food service professional with over 7 years’ hands-on experience in food and beverage service. Provides an organized and clean dining experiences for guests using exceptional communication and customer service skills.
Quick and meticulous, ability to setup, clean and reset buffet tables in less than two minutes. Proficient in assisting room service along with designated work duties. Thorough understanding of sanitation and hygiene standards.
• Safe food handling
• Outgoing personality
• Basic mathematical calculations
• Knowledge of food and drink menu
• Answering phones
• Team player
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Good reasoning ability
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
HILTON HOTEL – Aurora, IL | May 2012 – Present
• Greet guests in a very friendly and welcoming manner
• Exceed customers’ expectations by providing them with prompt and attentive service according to their preference
• Clean, set and reset tables
• Collect and deliver dishes to the kitchen for cleaning
• Serve beverages and refill promptly
• Clean stations in keeping with sanitation standards
• Stock supplies such as cutlery and dishes
• Maintain stocks and inventory
• Successfully carried out bussing duties for two major events simultaneously
• Attained Employee of the Quarter award for providing excellent guest services and adhering to punctuality standards
Food Server Assistant
GRAND HYATT – Phoenix, AZ | Aug 2011 – May 2012
• Assisted servers in serving food and beverages appropriately
• Ensured a clean the dining room, lobby and service area
• Reset tables to make sure they are ready for the next guest
• Removed and disposed off trash properly
• Assisted room service in assigned tasks
High School Diploma | Phoenix High School, Phoenix, AZ | 2008
• POS System
• Microsoft Word and Excel Database
“I am accustomed to working in guest-centric, team-oriented, and high-volume food service environment.”