Bussers are important contributors to the restaurant business. As people who are responsible for cleaning tables, laying flatware and dishware, and ensuring that everything is in order before customers arrive, they are considered an integral part of the system.
On a typical workday as a busser, you will be changing tablecloths, removing soiled dishes, laying tables, and ensuring that the condiments stock is properly maintained. You will need to be customer service oriented and be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
To work as a busser, you need to have an inherent love for the restaurant business. You will be required to possess a calm manner and physical dexterity in addition to holding a high school diploma. If you have had some experience in a restaurant environment, it will be considered a plus point.
A busser resume is a useful tool to introduce a candidate and their skills to an employer. If formatted well and arranged logically, a resume can bring many interview opportunities. In fact, a resume generates an employer’s interest in the applicant’s profile and qualifications.
How to Write a Great Resume for Busser Job?
- Start your resume with a strong and targeted objective or summary statement.
- Mention your relevant skills, qualifications, relevant experience, and qualifications in different sections.
- Write a personalized statement at the beginning and end of your resume.
Related: Sample Cover Letter for Busser Job
Here is a great busser resume example to get ideas from:
Sample Resume for Busser Position
773 Landing Drive, Aurora, IL 88292
jack @ email . com
“I am passionate about achieving 100% guests’ delight.“
Driven and goal-oriented food service professional with over 10 years of hands-on experience in food and beverage service. Provided organized and clean dining services by using exceptional communication and customer service skills, increasing the customer base by 50%. Quick and meticulous with the ability to set up, clean, and reset buffet tables in less than two minutes. Proficient in assisting room service along with designated work duties. Thorough understanding of sanitation and hygiene standards.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Safe food handling
• Outgoing personality
• Mathematical calculations
• Food and beverages
• Answering phones
• Team player
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Good reasoning ability
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
Hilton Inn – Aurora, IL
Oct 2018 – Present
• Greet guests in an amicable and friendly manner
• Exceed customers’ expectations by providing them with prompt and attentive service according to their preference
• Clean, set, and reset tables
• Collect and deliver dishes to the kitchen for cleaning
• Serve beverages and refill them promptly
• Clean stations in keeping with sanitation standards
• Stock supplies such as cutlery and dishes
• Maintain stocks and inventory
• Successfully carried out bussing duties for two major events simultaneously.
• Attained “Employee of the Quarter Award” for providing excellent guest services and adhering to punctuality standards.
Food Server Assistant
Grand Hyatt – Phoenix, AZ
Nov 2011 – Oct 2018
• Assisted servers in serving food and beverages appropriately
• Ensured a clean the dining room, lobby, and service area
• Reset tables to make sure they are ready for the next guest
• Removed and disposed of the trash properly
• Assisted room service in assigned tasks
High School Diploma
Phoenix High School, Phoenix, AZ | 2008
• POS System
• Microsoft Word and Excel Database
“I am accustomed to working in a guest-centric, team-oriented, and high-volume food service environment.”
Busser Job Description for Resume
- Greet customers as they arrive and ensure that they are properly seated and a waiter is assigned to them.
- Assist in taking orders and relaying them to the kitchen area.
- Serve welcome drinks and refill customers’ beverages.
- Take and deliver orders for starters and beverages and ensure that condiments are available on tables at all times.
- Follow up on orders to ensure that they are delivered on time and that they are portioned properly.
- Hold trays while orders are being served and expedite and run food to patrons.
- Clear tables of soiled dishes and flatware and ensure that clean tablecloths and dishes are placed before the next customer arrives.
- Deliver used dishes to the kitchen area and provide assistance in washing them.
- Assist in food preparation activities such as making salads and soups.
- Perform preventative and general maintenance on kitchen equipment.
- Keep track of supplies inventory and ensure that low-stock items are ordered on time.
- Receive and store supplies in the appropriate storage spaces and ensure that any expired items are immediately discarded.
- Ensure the overall cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and dining areas.
Busser Skills and Qualifications for Resume
- Exceptional service orientation aimed at total customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced and busy environments
- Well-versed in laying tables with appropriate dishware and flatware
- Track record of working efficiently in a service-oriented hospitality environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond to guests’ requests appropriately in order to provide efficient service
- Excellent communication skills aimed at assuring efficient seating and table utilization
- Physically dexterous to stoop and bend to perform a busser’s duties
- Special talent for handling “side work” duties at the end of each shift
- Strong knowledge of using cleaning materials by following best practices
- Profound ability to prepare soups and salads in the absence of chefs or during rush hours
- Documented success in laying buffet tables with required condiments and dishware and flatware
- Committed to high-quality customer service targeted at generating return business and customer retention
- Able to work appropriately under pressure
- Eager to work in a team environment with a great focus on delivering service excellence
- Known for handling bussing duties in a manner that minimizes seating and service delays