A security guard resume should contain compelling phrases and sections to get you an interview.
Keep in mind that a generic resume can substantially reduce the chances of getting the job of your dream.
Security Guard Resume Formats
There are four standard formats/styles for a Security Guard’s Resume:
1. Chronological: This format is suitable for highly experienced candidates. It focuses on applicant’s work history in reverse chronological order.
2. Functional: This is a skills-based format. It emphasizes on applicant’s transferable skills as well as relevant experience. It is the best choice for career changers or those applicants who have less or no experience in hand.
3. Combination: It is the combination of both of the chronological and functional formats. It contains candidate’s skill set as well as details of work history.
4. Targeted: This format is individually customized to a security guard job with a particular company. This type of resume usually begins with a targeted objective statement. It revolves around your specific talents that directly relates to prospective employer’s needs.
The following are two targeted resume samples for a security guard position which are specifically designed to entice the hiring manager.
Feel free to select one and modify it as per requirements of the employer.
Security Guard Resume Sample 1 (Targeted)
|FRANCESCO ANDREW||Cellular: (000) 521-9140|
|244 Downing Street|
Houston, TX 65221
Committed to ensuring the safety of assigned premises.
Looking for a challenging position as a Security Guard at SEC Security utilizing a vigilant eye and extensive experience in security services to ensure the safety of people and property.
• Over 9 years’ diverse experience in safeguarding the life and property
• Texas Security Guard Training Certificate
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Current driver’s license with clean driving record
• Performs patrol duties within assigned areas to guard against theft, shoplifting, vandalism, and fire.
• Handles emergency situations efficiently; such as medical emergencies, accidents, and other threats.
• Manages security systems to prevent theft, violence, and vandalism.
• Uses different alarms for security purposes.
• Observes all activities at premises and reporting any suspicious circumstances.
• Oral, verbal and written communication
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Exceptional attention to detail
SAFE Inc. – Houston, TX | 2011 – Present
• Patrol the premises and adjacent areas.
• Direct traffic to and from the main building.
• Perform safety inspections to flail off any harmful activity.
• Check identity cards of personnel before admitting into the building.
• Investigate and report any nefarious activity.
• Take necessary action on the spot when needed.
• Prepare detailed reports and records.
• Identified new positions for security cameras which decreased potential threats by 40%
• Trained 20 new Security personnel
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center – Patchogue, NY | 2007 – 2011
• Controlled access to hospital premises, issued security passes and directed visitors to appropriate department.
• Attended to the needs of persons and patients with special needs.
• Patrolled assigned areas and kept an eye on suspected activities.
• Ensured protection of children crossing roads.
• Checked identification of visitors.
• Operated security control-room equipment to monitor hospital activities.
Houston Law College, Houston, TX – 2007
Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice
Member: National Association of Security Professionals
“I efficiently perform security related duties under stressful conditions.”
Security Guard Resume Sample 2 (Combination)
5622 Ivy Lane ● Plano, TX 49392 ● (008) 754-5241 ● [Email]
❖❖ SECURITY GUARD ❖❖
Verifiable track record of delivering exceptional security services.
High-energy Security Guard with 4+ years of hands-on experience in protecting lives and property. Familiar with advanced security and civil law. Demonstrated ability to exert control over factors causing unrest. Current Driver’s License with a reliable vehicle and clean MVR. Multilingual: English, French, Spanish. IAHSS certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Metal detector||• Security alarm handling||• Patrolling services|
|• Property security||• Entrance authorization||• Threat identification|
|• Emergency response||• Incident reporting||• Security cameras|
Security Guard | CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Denver, CO | 3/2012 to Present
• Reduce 70% security breaches and property loss through active surveillance and foolproof patrolling routines.
• Timely handle a supplies theft issue and identify the responsible person by closely watching surveillance videos.
• Respond to security alarms and handle disturbances, monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors and staff.
• Call police and fire departments in case of emergency and assist them in managing stressful situations.
• Warn individuals of rule infractions and violations, and apprehend violators.
Patrolling officer | US SECURITY ASSOCIATES, Denver, CO | 2/2010 to 3/2012
• Implemented a daily log keeping system that ensured 100% recording of all incidents taking place during duty hours.
• Identified a damaged wall during patrol and took immediate measures to remove the security threat within 12 hours of identification.
• Identified irregularities, possible conflicts, and safety hazards.
• Approached suspicious persons on the premises and notified police as required.
• Carried out periodic emergency call box checks.
St. Louis Community and Technical College, Denver, CO | 2010
Certificate II in Security Operations
• Merchant Guard License, Denver, CO
• Works well in extreme weather conditions
• CPR and First aid certified