What is a security guard resume?
A security guard resume is a written compilation of your qualifications, experience, skills, education, as well as accomplishments. Most employers require applicants to submit a resume and cover letter as part of the hiring process.
How to Write a Great Resume for Security Guard Position?
A security guard resume should contain compelling phrases and sections to entice the hiring manager. The following 5 tips will help you in building the best resume for a security guard job.
- Either start your resume with a security guard summary or a security guard objective statement depending on your experience level.
- Add your core competencies and skills as a security guard in a separate section.
- Tailor your resume as per the requirements of the employer.
- Write your experiences and accomplishments, as well as your education and certification details.
- Always send a security guard cover letter along with your resume and other job application documents.
Given these points, the following are three resume samples for a security guard position that are specifically designed to attract the hiring manager. Feel free to select one and modify it as per your requirements.
Security Guard Resume Sample 1
(10+ Years’ Experience)
619 Some Street, Austin, TX 85474
Reliable and vigilant security guard, with 12+ years of a track record in creating a safe environment for public and properties. Friendly and courteous with exceptional skills in patrolling, detecting signs of intrusion, and promptly responding to emergencies to create a secure environment.
CORE SECURITY-RELATED COMPETENCIES
Patrolling • Alarm Monitoring
Vandalism Prevention • Suspect Observation
Public Education • Access Control
Surveillance • Problem Resolution
Incident Investigation • Communication
- Decreased theft rate at Macy’s by 50% by placing security cameras in each aisle.
- Suggested and implemented the use of binoculars, increasing patrolling efficiency by 50%.
- Provided training to 7 new security guards in handling security-related issues.
ABC COMPANY, Austin, TX
Sep 2017 – Present
- Greet visitors politely while ensuring that they are allowed to enter the premises
- Scan baggage to ensure that no unauthorized items go inside
- Authorize entrance and departure for employees, guests, and visitors
- Educate people about rule infractions and violations
- Patrol around the building to prevent nefarious activities
- Inspect security cameras and alarms on a regular basis
- Investigate break-ins, acts of vandalism and thefts
- Find loopholes on a priority basis while taking appropriate actions
WALMART, Austin, TX
Aug 2012 – Sep 2017
- Checked suspicious bags and people at the entrance
- Determined loopholes that caused thefts and acts of vandalism
- Circulated assigned aisles to discourage thefts and shoplifting activities
Security Services Training
ABC College, Austin, TX
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Security Guard
- Ethics and Conduct
- Legal Powers and Limitations
- Access Control Systems
- Emergencies Handling
- Communication & Customer Service
High School Diploma
ABC HIGH SCHOOL, Austin, TX
Security Guard Resume Example 2
(5-9 Years’ Experience)
5622 Ivy Lane, Plano, TX 49392
❖❖ SECURITY GUARD ❖❖
Poised to deliver exceptional security services.
High-energy Security Guard with 7+ years of hands-on experience in protecting lives and property. Familiar with advanced security and civil law. Demonstrated ability to take control of situations that may cause unrest. IAHSS, CPR and First aid certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Property security | Emergency response
Security alarm | Communication
Entrance authorization | Incident reporting
Patrolling | Threat identification
Metal detector | Security cameras
CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Denver, CO
6/2016 – Present
- Reduce security breaches and property loss through active surveillance and foolproof patrolling routines.
- Timely handle a supplies theft issue and identify the responsible person by closely watching a surveillance camera.
- Respond to security alarms and handle disturbances, monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors and staff.
- Call police and fire departments in case of emergency and assist them in managing stressful situations.
US SECURITY ASSOCIATES, Denver, CO
2/2013 – 6/2016
- Implemented a daily log keeping system that ensured 100% recording of all incidents taking place during duty hours.
- Identified a damaged wall during a patrol and took immediate measures to remove the security threat within 12 hours of identification.
- Identified irregularities, possible conflicts, and safety hazards, and took appropriate actions.
- Approached suspicious persons on the premises and notified the police as required.
- Carried out periodic emergency call box checks.
Certificate II in Security Operations
ABC Technical College, Denver, CO | 2012
- Merchant Guard License (Current)
- Worked well in extreme weather conditions
Security Guard Objective Resume Sample 3
(1-4 Years’ Experience)
244 Some Street, Houston, TX 65221
Committed to ensuring the safety of assigned premises.
Looking for a challenging position as a Security Guard at SEC Security utilizing a vigilant eye and extensive experience in security services to ensure the safety of people and property.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 3 years of diverse experience in safeguarding the life and property
- Texas Security Guard Training Certificate
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- Current driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Vigilantly patrolling the assigned areas to prevent theft, shoplifting, vandalism, and fire
- Handling medical emergencies, accidents, and other threats
- Using cameras and alarms for security purposes
- Observing suspicious activities at premises and taking appropriate actions
SAFE Inc. – Houston, TX
Sep 2018 – Present
- Patrol the premises and adjacent areas using great attention to details
- Direct traffic to and from the main building
- Perform safety inspections to monitor any harmful activity
- Check identity cards of people before entering into the building
- Investigate and report any nefarious activity
- Take necessary action using sound judgment on the spot when needed
- Prepare detailed reports and records
- Introduced new locations for security cameras, decreasing potential threats by 50%
- Provided comprehensive training to new security guards
ABC Hospital – Manhattan, NY
May 2017 – Sep 2018
- Controlled unauthorized access to hospital premises
- Issued security passes & directed visitors to the appropriate department
- Attended to the needs of persons and patients with special needs
- Patrolled assigned areas and kept an eye on suspicious activities
- Ensured the protection of children and older adults crossing roads
- Checked identification of visitors
- Operated security control-room equipment to monitor hospital activities
Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice
Jersey Law College, New Jersey, NJ
National Association of Security Guards
- Verbal and written communication
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Exceptional attention to detail
“I efficiently perform security-related duties under stressful conditions.”
As can be seen in the above-mentioned security guard resume examples, they are all tailored as per the requirements of the employer. It is recommended that you tailor your resume as per the job description provided by the employer. This is because every employer has different expectations and the role of the security guard is slightly different in different companies.