From the many sections on a Security Guard resume, the first section (whichever one it may be) is the most important. In a majority of resumes, the first section is usually a summary statement, which summaries the whole content of a resume.
A security guard resume summary statement must be written in a concise and eye-catching manner. Before writing this section, see the requirements of the employer. Then, write your skills and qualifications that will help you exceed their expectations.
Refer below for five sample summary statements to use in a security guard resume.
Security Guard Resume Summary Examples
1. Highly-motivated and vigilant Security Guard with 6+ years’ progressively responsible experience in conducting patrolling and security tasks. Well-versed in installing and maintaining security alarms and responding to emergencies promptly. Ability to provide effective access and egress control while taking appropriate actions to minimize security threats.
2. Competent and energized Security Guard with 8+ years’ proven record of providing security to people and property in high volume environments. Skilled at interacting with people from different social backgrounds, along with a keen ability to work well under high duress. A friendly and approachable individual who remains alert at all times. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
3. Quick and meticulous guard with over two years of security-related experience at different organizations. Proficient in using modern security equipment such as RF scanners. Exceptional customer service and communication skills aimed at informing customers of potential hazards and assisting them in times of distress.
4. A confident, friendly, and outgoing security professional. Solid background in facilitating smooth access and egress of customers and visitors and controlling traffic flow in and out of parking lots. Trained in gun retention and use and power handcuffing. Ability to handle crisis intervention and tactical communication activities.
5. Detail-oriented and vigilant Security Guard with 3+ years of extensive experience in access systems and investigative procedures. Excellent eye for detail along with the ability to set priorities. Proficient in carrying out patrolling services, as well as writing incident reports. Ability to carry out First Aid and CPR. OCAT certified.
Related: Security Guard Cover Letter