How to Write a Pharmacy Technician Resume?
- Highlight your experiences, as well as skills and accomplishments.
- Make bullet points and use strong action words like performed, facilitated, implemented, and initiated.
- Use language and keywords related to the pharmacy field.
Below are two new resume samples for a Pharmacy Technician job.
Pharmacy Technician Resume Template 1
560 Evelyn Shire, Newton, TX 75662
joseph @ email . com
Bringing sound skills in compounding and dispensing medical prescriptions.
Energetic and success-driven Pharmacy Technician with 11+ years of hands-on experience in prescription preparation, stock ordering, and maintenance of IV room as per UCP 979 guidelines. Friendly and organized, with a can-do attitude and highly efficient customer service style that promotes recurring business. Particularly skilled in prepackaging of bulk medications and utilizing unit dose system. Thrives on new challenges through passion and commitment.
Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Texas
✓ Prescription Handling
✓ Cash Cart Restocking
✓ Inventory Management
✓ Chemotherapy Preparation
✓ IV Admixture
✓ Clerical Work
✓ Ordering Supplies
✓ Payment Processing
• Implemented a prompt stock inventory system that ensured a 100% availability of stock on the floor at all times.
• Introduced the culture of prepackaging bulk medications per unit dose, which reduced the waiting time by 70%.
• Initiated a recipe formula chart behind the counter which contained mixing details of essential prescriptions to facilitate the pharmacist.
• Timely identified improper storage of a particular medicine in the lot and enabled full credit return of the same to the vendor, saving the firm a loss of $20k.
CASTLE MEDICAL CENTRE, Newton, TX | 3/2011 – Present
• Greet customers courteously and prepare prescriptions accurately.
• Charge the client and record the transaction details appropriately.
• Assist lead pharmacists with the preparation and distribution of medicines.
• Perform compounding and dispensing tasks.
• Maintain inventory and medication supplies levels in all areas of the pharmacy.
• Uphold patient confidentiality standards.
• Confirm the accuracy and authenticity of prescriptions.
MEGALIFE PHARMACY, Newton, TX | 6/2007 – 2/2011
• Prepackaged commonly used medicines and assisted the pharmacist in preparing various solutions and admixtures as per requirement.
• Maintained and organized stock display area in a neat, clean, and labeled manner.
• Prepare reports and documentation.
• Perform IV compounding tasks.
CITY SCHOOL, Newton, TX – 2007
• MS Office Applications
• Inventory Management
• POS System
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
Joseph is a highly organized person with a proven ability to multi-task. – John Doe, Pharmacist
Pharmacy Technician Resume Example 2
24 Some Ave, Washington DC 21147
Passion for pharmacy and patient care
Top-performing Pharmacy Technician with two years’ hands-on experience working in pharmacy settings. Ability to compound and dispense medications and pharmaceutical supplies. Attentive and organized, able to read prescriptions accurately, and efficiently deal with customers, complaints, and queries. In-depth knowledge of chemicals used in different concoctions and their adverse effects. A collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• State of DC certification as a Pharmacy Technician
• Registered with the Washington State Board of Pharmacy
• Sound knowledge of basic medicines and prescriptions
• Manage cash flow, stock shelves and handle the influx of supplies
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong customer service background
• Great attention to detail
The Diagnostics – Washington, DC
Dec 2016 – Present
• Assist pharmacists with medications dispensing, reconciling and filling
• Manage customers complaints
• File out prescriptions according to written instructions
• Answer telephone calls
• Verify information on medicines
Lakepointe Pharmacy – Rockwall, TX
Jan 2016 – Dec 2016
• Cashed out customers that purchased their prescriptions
• Assisted in dropping off prescriptions
• Faxed requests to the doctors
• Answered customer queries
• Performed other duties as assigned
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Washington, DC | 2015
Multilingual: English, Spanish and French
MS Windows, TAO and HEB Intranet