Looking for some resume writing tips that could help you in opening interview doors to your dream job? You have come to the right place. Below are some really effective resume writing tips for you as you get ready to build a resume for a senior secretary position:
• Always build a new version of your resume while applying at a new place. Before you begin, learn about your employer. Look the firm up on the internet. Find out what you can about their culture and expectations of the role you are applying for.
• Every industry has keywords. Find those out and make them count in your resume. Employers often use these key words in the advertisement. Make your resume speak the same language as their ad does.
• Make sure your resume reflects professional growth or an upward track record by writing your experience in reverse chronological order.
Have a look at the sample given below:
297 Wesley Ave • Tacoma, WA 34771 • (003) 222-4444 • jonathan @ email . com
SUMMARY: Highly-dependable and proactive senior secretary with 5 years of pertinent experience. Full command on wide range of secretarial tasks including: managing executive diaries, operating electronic employee database and serving as a liaison between the customers, management and the employees. Expert in providing administrative support to the mangers and staff. Proficient in operating photo copy machines, facsimiles and printers. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|● Calendar Keeping||● Front Desk Handling||● Correspondence Writing|
|● Meeting Arrangements||● Supplies Replenishing||● Travel Arrangements|
|● Inquiry Response||● Proofreading||● Meeting Organization|
|● Activity Coordination||● Customer Service||● Administrative Support|
• Reduced call waiting time by 2 minutes on average by implementing an auto forwarding extension based multiline system at the office.
• Organized a conference for 300+ delegates including 10 over sees speakers successfully.
• Introduced a daily reporting mechanism to document daily goals achieved which enhanced employee motivation level massively.
EMERSON INSURANCE, Tacoma, WA
Senior Secretary, 7/2011 to Present
• Take dictations, meeting minutes and uphold official correspondence with third parties and stake holders.
• Manage the executive’s calendar and maintain daily appointment diary.
• Act as first point of contact for customers.
• Coordinate upcoming events and organize the same in collaboration with management and other departments.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Tacoma, WA
Office Assistant, 4/2009 to 6/2011
• Replenished stationery and other office supplies regularly.
• Assisted in keeping the office files and data organized.
• Maintained updated client data in the electronic database.
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Tacoma, WA, 2009
A.A., Office Management
● MS Office Suite ● Internet ● Email ● Typing Speed 60 WPM