Entry Level Web Developer Resume Tips
When building a resume for an entry level web developer position, try to keep it to one page. If you have difficulty limiting to your resume to one page, you can take out resume elements that are not closely related to the job that you are applying for. Your resume must be 100% error free so you will need to read through your resume several times to check grammar, punctuation and spellings.
The overall appearance of your resume should be clear and succinct. Try to eliminate the pronoun I to make it more profound. Since you will be applying for an entry level position, you will need to include an objective to generate the reader’s interest and also provide him with information of any internships that you may have completed in the past.
Have a look at the following resume sample for an entry level web developer to determine how you can write yours.
Related: Web Developer Cover Letter Sample
|11 Jerome Street ~ Brooklyn, NY 14444
☏ (999) 999-9999 ✉ james @ email. com
Energetic, results-driven individual with proven skills in web development using latest technologies. Thorough understanding of continuous development models to contribute to the success of web development projects.
• Comprehensive understanding of the Dojo Toolkit.
• Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks and development with special focus on UI.
• Able to work with methodical source controls such as SVN and SQL.
|Access and SQL||Windows||WordPerfect|
|Visual Basic||Unix and DOS||FrontPage|
New York State University, New York, NY | Expected January, 2015
Bachelor of Computer Sciences,
Cumulative GPA: 3.2/4.0; Major GPA 3.8/4.0
System Analysis and Design
• Led a team of 10 students in designing and implementing a database using SQL.
• Managed data by performing data entry activities with benefit of a search engine robot.
• Developed documentation of the project including dataflow charts, process specifications and user manuals.
IBM, New York, NY, 6/2013 to 9/2013
Intern – Web Development
• Developed and built sites using PHP, HTML and MySQL
• Installed and configured software and assisted in troubleshooting software issues
• Assisted in developing screens using Java, CSS and JSP
• Implemented validations for web projects and assisted in the testing phases
• Designed, created and assembled web graphics
• Provided support in setting up virtual environments for debugging purposes
Last updated on