A school secretary cover letter is an integral part of your job application package.
As far as school secretary cover letter sections are concerned, salutation, opening and closing paragraphs are critical.
While the rest of the letter is also important, these three sections are usually what the employer looks at when he skims through a cover letter.
Therefore, it is imperative to ensure that these three areas of a cover letter are given particular attention.
See also: School Secretary Resume
You may get a better idea from the sample given below.
School Secretary Cover Letter Example
3 Webster Locks Road
Rosendale, NY 01414
July 12, 2019
Ms. Felicity George
ABC High School
3112 Jefferson Avenue
Rosendale, NY 10241
Dear Ms. George:
My passion for clerical work coupled with my hands-on experience in providing secretarial services to the school office makes me a perfect candidate for a School Secretary position at ABC High School.
My track record proves that I am a diligent individual who likes to get work done. I excel in:
– Providing secretarial and clerical support for the school along with resolving operational issues
– Taking the initiative to solve the problems
– Providing information and assistance to staff, students, parents, and visitors
– Performing bookkeeping and accounting duties where necessary
– Monitoring school system security and key controls
– Coordinating special projects
– Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment
The attached resume will provide you with more details about my qualifications and capabilities.
As a knowledgeable and competent School Secretary, I would like to meet with you to discuss your needs and my relevant competencies in detail. Please feel free to call me at (000) 522-4145 if you need any additional information regarding my skills and qualifications.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.