A secretary job in a hospital setting is entirely different from an ordinary secretarial job.
It requires an additional understanding of the medical field as well as knowledge of medical terminology.
Similarly, a resume for a hospital secretary position needs extra attention.
How to Write a Hospital Secretary Resume?
Dealing with a specialized field, your resume needs to highlight your specialized competencies.
It calls for a performance summary followed by a key competencies section based on relevant keywords.
The main sections afterward are accomplishments, work experience, and education.
Don’t choose a fancy layout or template to build your hospital secretary resume; instead, keep the formatting simple that is easy on the reader’s eyes.
Hospital Secretary Resume Sample
341 De Monte Ave, Nottoway, VA 34992
Hospital Unit Secretary
Detail-oriented Hospital Secretary with a 12-plus-year verifiable track record of success collaborating with physicians, nurses, and patients to ensure delivery of quality patient care. Strong customer service skills and familiarity with medical terminology. Able to work collaboratively to meet the common goals of the organization. Known to work efficiently without direct supervision. BLS certified.
• Developed and implemented an ingenious interdepartmental communication system through interactive status boards, which enhanced interdepartmental communication by 50%.
• Initiated weekly meetings with other unit secretaries to discuss and report any departmental insufficiencies identified.
• Launched the first online appointment management system, saving a lot of time in checking calendars and scheduling appointments.
• Demonstrated exceptional work ethic and customer service skills and received the ‘Best receptionist’ award thrice.
|✓ Patient care
✓ Front desk handling
|✓ Supplies distribution
✓ Patient registration
✓ Meetings coordination
✓ Clerical work
|✓ Lab log maintenance
✓ Medical documentation
✓ Correspondence handling
✓ Inventory management
Hospital Unit Secretary
Memorial Healthcare, Nottoway, VA | 2010 – Present
• Process and forward resident requests
• Relay information on patient calls among concerned staff
• Balance resident accounts
• Handle and distribute correspondence
• Collaborate with different departments to ensure quality patient care delivery
• Notify appropriate departments regarding admission, transfer, referral, and discharge of patients
RML Hospital, Nottoway, VA | 2006 – 2010
• Handled front desk tasks
• Answered telephonic queries
• Acted as the first point of contact for patients
• Guided visitors to the appropriate department
Associate’s Degree in Medical Administration
City Community College, Nottoway, VA | 2005
• Automated patient databases and medical software
• MS Word and Excel
Multilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese.