News reporting is an exciting profession.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for gathering and compiling news information for the public.
The position requires a responsible person, with great observation and strong analytical skills.
The same should form the core of your competencies section as you build a news reporter resume.
A News Reporter Resume is a document which, if appropriately formatted, can open the door for an interview.
It is essential for your resume to make the employers want to meet you; however, it is equally important to come up to their expectations at the interview, so they are not disappointed when they meet you.
To achieve this goal, the secret is, to be honest.
Do not write anything in your news reporter resume, which is not true or which you cannot prove if needed.
Related: News Reporter Cover Letter Sample
News Reporter Resume Sample
560 Hillside Shire, Topeka, KS 45009
Prudent and proactive journalist, with a keen eye for finding and creating news stories. Substantial knowledge of legislative actions applicable to news reporting. Demonstrated ability to recognize potential news stories and develop the same for various media channels. Track record of remaining up to date regarding current events to keep the audience informed at all times
|— Personal Interviews
— Live Interviews
— Report Editing
— Photography/ Video Shooting
|— News Briefings
— News Investigation
— Information Clipping
— News Blogging
|— Wire Services
— Story Development
— Story Development
— Contacts Networking
News Reporter/ Anchor
CLEAR COMMUNICATIONS, Topeka, Ks | 7/2012 – Present
• Cover electoral campaigns adequately including visits from Obama and Romney in the US 2012 presidential elections
• Explore and highlighted novel ‘The Greed’ which showcases the social evils in American society and their impact on children of America by Samuel Benedict from Kansas which was rated the 3rd most read piece in America
• Research and generate story ideas
• Handle on-air newscasting
• Anchor celebrity interviews and build relationships with community leaders for developing connections to story leads
News Editor/ Reporter
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, Topeka, KS | 2/2006 – 7/2012
• Covered the fire accident in Emporia live from the spot in a live transmission lasting one and a half hour
• Earned 3 newsroom awards for a daily hourly show ‘Newsfeed’ that won top recognition 6 times
• Worked with news producers and managers through the process of story progression
• Edited on-air display material
CITY UNIVERSITY, Topeka, KS, 2005
• Multilingual: English, Spanish, and French
• Current Driver’s License and reliable vehicle