To compete with several candidates for a hospital unit secretary job, your should write a great resume.
In order to make a great resume, you should write your skill set and experience that set you apart from others.
It is recommended that you go through some sample resumes and select the one you feel will effectively highlight your value.
Related: Hospital Unit Secretary Cover Letter
Here is the best sample resume for you:
Hospital Unit Secretary Resume Example
457 Sweet Meadows
Suffolk, VA 49084
HOSPITAL UNIT SECRETARY
Extroverted Unit Secretary with 12 years of hands-on experience in compiling, transcribing, and maintaining records. Special talent for providing indirect patient care in a multicultural healthcare setting. Demonstrated success in meeting the communication needs of the patients, families, and staff. A successful negotiator who has a track record of working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
– Patient Registration
– Files Management
– Call Monitoring
– Admission Processing
– Unit Supplies Management
– Medical Record Keeping
– Medical Terminology
Hospital Unit Secretary
RML Specialty Hospital, Suffolk, VA
Nov 2015 – Mar 2022
• Suggested the installation of intercoms in all sub-receptions that increased efficiency by 50%.
• Reduced supply requisition time by 70%, through the implementation of the stock supply system.
• Ensured smooth unit operations throughout the day, by facilitating patient-physician and staff-management communications.
• Maintained patient database and perform clerical duties related to the unit.
• Responded to all patient queries.
• Maintained the waiting area in a neat and clean condition.
MetroSouth Hospital, Suffolk, VA
Mar 2010 – Nov 2015
• Enhanced patient satisfaction by 30% (as per survey statistics), through active follow-up calls and productive interdepartmental communications.
• Initiated a daily appointments display on the unit floor to facilitate patients and physicians, which was highly commended.
• Greeted patients and collected information needed for filing and registration.
• Handled incoming phone calls effectively.
• Directed the calls to the respective persons or departments.
Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Studies
ABC Technical College, Suffolk, VA
CPR and BCLS
• MS Word and Excel
• Medi-tech Software
English and Spanish