To compete with several candidates for a Hospital unit secretary job, your resume should be unique.
You possess a unique set of skills and experiences that set you apart from others; it is exactly what your resume needs to sell.
Once you have determined your value, it is time to decide upon the communication strategy. Go through some sample resumes and select the one you feel will effectively highlight your value.
Think of the layout, action words, font style, font size and keywords that will optimize your resume. All these factors play a critical role in creating the desired impact and need to be given a right amount of thought.
Hospital Unit Secretary Resume Example
|Martha Kennedy|| 457 Sweet Meadows | Suffolk, VA 49084|
(006) 444-5555 | [Email]
HOSPITAL UNIT SECRETARY
Diplomatic and extroverted Unit Secretary with hands-on experience in compiling, transcribing and maintaining records. Special talent for providing indirect patient care in a multicultural healthcare setting. Demonstrated success in meeting the communication needs of the patients, families, and staff. A successful negotiator who has a track record of working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
|● Patient Registration||● Files Management||● Call Monitoring|
|● Admission Processing||● Unit Supplies Management||● Reception Handling|
|● Discharge Coordination||● Medical Record Keeping||● Medical Terminology|
|● Patient Care Reporting||● HIPAA Regulations||● Record Confidentiality|
Hospital Unit Secretary
RML Specialty Hospital, Suffolk, VA | 2011 – Present
• Suggest installation of intercoms in all sub-receptions, causing a 50% enhancement in communications
• Reduce supply requisition time by 70%, through the implementation of stock supply inventories at the unit
• Ensure smooth unit operations throughout the day, by facilitating patient-physician and staff-management communications.
• Maintain patient database and perform clerical duties related to the unit
MetroSouth Hospital, Suffolk, VA | 2009 – 2011
• Enhanced patient satisfaction by 30% (as per survey statistics), through active follow-up calls and productive interdepartmental communications
• Initiated a daily appointments display on the unit floor to facilitate patient and physicians, which was highly commended
• Greeted patients and collected information needed for filing and registration
• Handled incoming phone calls effectively
• Directed the calls to the respective persons or departments
• Responded to all patient queries
• Maintained the waiting area in a neat and clean condition
A.A., Customer Service
INSTITUTE OF LIBERAL ARTS, Suffolk, VA
CPR and BCLS
• MS Word and Excel
• Medi-tech Software
English and Spanish
Last updated on