Writing a good resume for secretary position as an entry level candidate is critical to your success in obtaining a job. You might not feel too confident about your qualifications or experience at this point but remember that even with limited out of classroom experience, you can still maximize that very critical first impression. Mostly, how you provide an insight into your personality is what is important at this level. Experience and qualifications (while not unimportant) have to come later – firstly, you will need to discover in what ways you can make your resume look good superficially. Font size, contact information and your resume objective are what will make your resume come somewhat on par with ones that have loads of experience to show.
But don’t worry too much about experience. Employers just need to know that you will be able to contribute. You also need to convince them through your resume that you posses the skills and knowledge they are looking for, even though you have limited or no experience in the field.
9310 Park Avenue ● Houma, LA 70365 ● (000) 999-1454 ● melodyrich @email .
PROFILE: Well-organized, dedicated and highly-motivated individual who has a deep insight into performing administrative and clerical work such as organizing and servicing meetings and managing filing systems.
• Highly skilled in scheduling appointments by ensuring appropriate follow-up activities are handled properly
• Competent in writing letters and correspondence using exceptional communication skills
• Adept at producing information by transcribing, formatting, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
• Able to maintain office supplies inventory by ensuring a constant check on stock to determine levels and effectively anticipate needed supplies
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Supply Management||• Reporting||• First Contact Services|
|• Scheduling||• Travelling Logistics||• Data Entry|
|• Record-keeping||• PABX System||• Event Planning|
HOUMA HIGH SCHOOL, Houma, LA (6/2015 to 12/2015)
School Office Volunteer
• Organized files and records by following set record keeping procedures and ensure that they are kept confidential
• Operated office equipment to handle photocopying, scanning and faxing duties
• Scheduled meetings and appointments and ensured that they were timely followed-up on
• Maintained both hard and soft copy filing systems and managed office supplies inventory
• Took and recorded information for letters and memos and coordinated travel arrangements for executives
• Ascertained that all office areas were kept constantly cleaned and maintained by coordinating custodian services
HOUMA HIGH SCHOOL, Houma, LA – 2015
High School Diploma
• MS Word and Excel
• Windows, Internet, Email, Social Media