Writing a good entry-level resume for a secretary position is very important to your success in obtaining a job.
You might not feel confident about your qualifications or experience at this point But, even with limited out-of-classroom experience, you can still maximize that very critical first impression.
There is no perfect way of writing an entry-level resume for a secretary job.
However, there are some best practices that you should follow.
1. Write Compelling Content
Divide your resume into different sections such as objective, skills, education, and qualifications to make it compelling.
2. Emphasize Your Skills and Knowledge
Only write your relevant skills and knowledge to grab the interest of the hiring manager. Convince the recruiter that you are very talented even though you have limited or no experience in hand.
3. Mention Volunteer or Internship Experiences
Don’t worry too much about the experience. Employers just need to know that you will be able to contribute. You can mention any internship or volunteer experiences.
4. Use an Attractive Format
How you present information is important. Make your resume visually appealing. A little white space and proper spacing will attract the recruiter to read your resume in detail.
5. Show Consistency
Throughout the resume, the formatting has to be consistent. If you have chosen to put a title in bold, do so for the rest of the titles too.
6. Limit the Length
Limit the length of your resume to one page by eliminating irrelevant information.
7. Be Succinct
Do not use long phrases. Be clear and concise.
Entry Level Secretary Resume Sample 1
9310 Park Avenue
Houma, LA 70365
melodyrich @ email. com
A well-organized and highly motivated individual with deep insight into performing administrative and clerical work such as organizing meetings and managing filing work. Poised to outperform in the capacity of Secretary at ABC Company,
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly skilled in scheduling appointments by ensuring appropriate follow-up activities are handled properly.
- Competent in writing letters and correspondence using exceptional communication skills.
- Adept at producing information by transcribing, formatting, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Able to maintain office supplies inventory by ensuring a constant check on the stock to determine levels and effectively anticipate needed supplies.
High School Diploma
AAA High School, Houma, LA – 2021
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Supply Management • Scheduling
• Recordkeeping • Reporting
• Travelling Logistics • PABX System
• First Contact Services • Data Entry
School Office Volunteer
AAA High School, Houma, LA
(6/2022 – 12/2022)
- Organized files and records by following set record-keeping procedures and ensuring that they are kept confidential.
- Operated office equipment to handle photocopying, scanning, and faxing duties.
- Scheduled meetings and appointments and ensured that they were timely followed up on.
- Maintained both hard and soft copy filing systems and managed office supplies inventory.
- Took and recorded information for letters and memos and coordinated travel arrangements for executives.
- Ensured that all office areas were kept constantly cleaned and maintained by coordinating custodian services.
- MS Word and Excel
- Windows, Internet, Email, Social Media
Sample Entry Level Secretary No Experience Resume Sample 2
376 Mira Monte Road
Las Vegas, NV 02281
Eager to exceed the expectations of the employer in the role of a Secretary.
Well-organized individual with strong knowledge of providing clerical and administrative support to executives. Seeking a position with ABC Company to actively coordinate and implement office procedures.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient in dealing with telephone and email inquiries in sync with the company’s procedures and protocols.
• Adept at creating and maintaining effective filing and record-keeping systems.
• Strong focus on prioritizing tasks by analyzing the importance of each task.
• Competent at liaising with external agencies such as vendors and travel agents to ensure the operational smoothness of the office.
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Las Vegas, NV
SECRETARIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Scheduling • Telephone Handling
• Inventory Management • Data Entry
• Correspondence Handling • Social Perceptiveness
• Vendor relations • Customer service
ABC Company, Las Vegas, NV
May 2022 – Nov 2022
• Handled official correspondence needs by taking dictation and transcribing verbal information.
• Created and maintained liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of office supplies and equipment.
• Maintained paper and electronic filing and record-keeping systems.
• Responded to inquiries for information regarding school schedules, policies, and admissions.
• Handled photocopying, printing, and scanning needs of office employees.
• Performed data entry duties to ensure that school database systems are updated regularly.
• MS Word and Excel
• Typing Speed: 55 WPM with accuracy
Strong professional references available