The purpose of a resume is to market yourself to an employer by concisely summarizing your education and qualifications for a Medical Secretary job.
An Entry Level Medical Secretary Resume needs to be written in a manner that will convince the employer to invite you for an interview.
It needs to be sequenced properly; the most important sections need to be written first.
Even though one might argue that a resume is important on the whole, one has to look from the employer’s point of view.
What does an employer want to see in an Entry Level Medical Secretary Resume?
Where entry-level resumes are concerned, they should be opened with a strong resume objective. With a few rare exceptions, resumes must be limited to one page.
If you have difficulty narrowing down your resume, it is always a good idea to omit information that is not relevant to the Medical Secretary position.
Entry Level Medical Secretary Resume Sample
5811 Paulina Street
Chicago, IL 63921
moore @ email . com
Seeking a Medical Secretary position with Kindred Healthcare where I can use my knowledge of the medical world and corresponding administration skills to help run a smooth medical facility.
Business Communication Course
Haley Communications Center, Chicago, IL
Medical Terminology Course
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Cale High School, Chicago, IL – 2018
Barnabas Health Care Systems, Chicago, IL
• Greeted patients and families and provided them with information
• Took patients’ histories and recorded information on predefined systems
• Handled patients’ appointments and doctors’ scheduling duties
• Made follow-up calls to remind patients of their appointments
• Handled payments for services not covered by insurance companies
• Answered telephone calls and provided callers with needed information
• Explained medical procedures to patients and prepared them for medical examinations
• Assisted with medical transcription and coding duties by preparing patient information
• Managed patient billing documents for patients paying by credit
• Assisted in following up on insurance claims by contacting designated insurance companies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Exceptional ability to multitask by handling both medical and administrative duties
• Committed to ensuring a smooth-running medical facility
• Strong knowledge of medical terminology and specialized vocabulary
• Proficient in the use of medical record management programs
• Typing speed: 90 words per minute without errors
• Familiar with the operation and maintenance of office equipment
• Adept at using technology to perform daily work tasks
• Patient-focused and team worker