Attractive formatting, appealing typefaces, and boldfaced headings all contribute to a resume looking good.
In fact, these are very simple tricks to make sure that your resume climbs on top of the huge pile that employers receive.
The good news is that technology has made it very easy to craft excellent resumes.
So if you are applying for a job, say that of an elementary school secretary position, you can have a look at the following resume sample:
See also: Elementary School Secretary Cover Letter
Elementary School Secretary Resume Sample
Portland, OR 62222
kimmarsh @ email . com
Adept at performing all kinds of secretarial and clerical work within educational settings.
Enthusiastic and competent individual who strives to achieve a high standard in ensuring administrative harmony within a school environment. Sociable and resourceful, with extensive experience in handling academic communications. Track record of maintaining and monitoring accurate, neat, and efficient filing systems.
• Known for preparing compelling documents in accordance with school policies and procedural rules.
• Strong know-how in scheduling and coordinating Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs).
• Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and records management systems.
– Alpha-numeric filing – Accounting
– Correspondence handling – Confidentiality maintenance
– Multitasking – Scheduling
– Budgeting and expenditures – Data compilation
– Admissions management – General administration
• Reorganized the admission process by implementing an online admissions system.
• Decreased paper costs by 70% by introducing an electronic record system.
• Increased administrative efficiency by 50% by streamlining scheduling and communications.
• Wrote “school policies and protocols” booklet for the purpose of parent education.
Hellen Keller Elementary School, Portland, OR
• Work with a team of 40+ teachers and staff members to meet the needs of 300+ students
• Greet visitors and provide them with information on admission policies and procedures
• Hand out admission forms and assist students in filling them out
• Prepare correspondence to be sent to parents, vendors, or government agencies
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and ensure that outgoing mail is sent out on time
• Assist in orienting students and new employees to campus life
• Attend meetings and prepare accurate minutes of the meeting
• Handle bookkeeping and records management duties
• Assist during emergency drills and provide input during actual emergencies
• Coordinate a variety of programs for students and teachers by providing administrative support
• Monitor students referred for illnesses or misconduct to ensure their safety and welfare
School Office Volunteer
Smithson High School, Portland, OR
• Worked under the supervision of the School Secretary to serve 400+ students and parents
• Assisted in providing information to visitors and parents
• Handled communications development such as newsletters, letters, and staff memos
• Ensured cleanliness and neatness of the reception and waiting areas
• Provided support to parents during admission procedures
• Filed documents and records and ensured that any outdated information is updated
Associate of Science Degree in Office Administration
City College, Portland, OR
• MS Word and Excel
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Data Entry, Typing Speed: 50 WPM with accuracy
• Social media posting and school bulletin updating