Coffee shop attendants work in cafes, restaurants, and coffee shops and are mainly responsible for preparing coffee, maintaining the premises clean, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Common job duties of a coffee shop attendant are greeting customers, making coffee and food, and helping customers with various activities.
A well-written resume sample in the field should mention your skills in customer service and coffee making, as well as physical stamina, problem-solving, attention to detail, and a pleasant demeanor.
Here is a sample resume for the coffee shop attendant position.
Sample Resume for Coffee Shop Attendant Position
Houston, TX 25350
COFFEE SHOP ATTENDANT
Customer service-oriented, proactive, and perceptive individual with 7+ years of experience working as a coffee shop attendant. A willing learner who has a solid ability to follow instructions and ability to edit sense of humor and friendliness.
• Functional knowledge of popular coffee blends and preparing blended coffee drinks.
• Strong know-how in brewing coffee in accordance with specifications provided by patrons.
• Expertise in handling food orders with precision and accuracy during peak hours.
• Able to effectively use and maintain specialized coffee-making equipment such as ceramic burrs and espresso tampers.
– Food and beverage – Customer services
– Communication – Station setup
– Equipment maintenance – POS operations
– Food preparation – Safety policies
– Inventory counting – Upselling
– Coffee recommendation – Prioritize
• Designed a separate menu for different coffee blends offered by the shop, increasing sales by $5000 per month.
• Created The Brazil Nut, a coffee blend for patrons looking for extreme frothiness in their coffees.
• Implemented an interactive POS system that increased efficiency by 60% owing to the incorporated self-billing module.
• Increased coffee sales by 50% by introducing 8 new coffee blends at slash prices.
Coffee Shop Attendant
Starbucks, Houston, TX
6/2016 – Present
• Greet customers and inquire into their “poison of the day”
• Provide patrons with menus and inform them of the day’s special
• Assist customers in choosing coffee blends and food items by providing them with complementing information
• Take orders for coffee and food and provide a timeline for order delivery
• Relay food orders to the kitchen and brew coffee according to set restaurant recipes
• Incorporate any “extras” or “additional” to coffee blends according to customers’ instructions
• Serve food and coffee to customers and inquire if they would like anything else
• Refill coffee mugs when requested and take additional orders for food items
• Clean and maintain coffee-making/brewing equipment on a regular basis
• Ensure the cleanliness of the coffee counter and surrounding areas
• Handle billing activities by punching customers’ food and beverage orders into the POS
• Take payments for rendered services and tender change
Corner Coffee, Houston, TX
1/2012 – 6/2016
• Took customers’ orders for food and beverages and provided them with information on “today’s special”
• Relayed orders to the kitchen and assisted café attendants in brewing coffee blends
• Made certain that counters and tables are cleaned properly
• Assisted waiters in serving food items and replenished beverages
• Set up condiments counter and ensured appropriate stock of supplies such as napkins and cutlery
Diploma: Danton High School, Houston, TX
Food Handler Certification – Texas