Getting your resume past the spam gatekeepers is getting more and more difficult –technology does not only help but hinders too!
You do not want your resume to become cyber litter by sending in your resume to too many companies at the same time.
By doing so, you are not only risking a spam filter on your ISP to delete your resume but are also shifting your focus. Stay focused!
Once you have this part sorted out, you can start worrying about the online screening.
Online screening is an automated process that creates a blueprint of known requirements of the position that you are applying for and checks if your resume meets them.
Hint: Read the job requirements very carefully before you start writing a resume.
So if your job is that of a coffee shop attendant, make sure that you write your resume according to what is required of you. Something like this:
Coffee Shop Attendant Resume Example
182 Hunt Street, Houston, TX 25350
Coffee Shop Attendant
Customer service oriented, proactive and perceptive individual with 7+ years of experience working as a coffee shop attendant. Willing learner who has a solid ability to follow instructions and ability to edict sense of humor and friendliness.
• Functional knowledge of popular coffee blends and preparing blended coffee drinks.
• Strong knowhow of brewing coffee in accordance to specifications provided by patrons.
• Expertise in handling food orders with precision and accuracy during peak hours.
• Able to effectively use and maintain specialized coffee making equipment such as ceramic burrs and espresso tampers.
– Food and beverage
– Customer services
– Station setup
– Equipment maintenance
– POS operations
– Food preparation
– Safety policies
– Inventory counting
– Coffee recommendation
• Designed a separate menu for different coffee blends offered by the shop, increasing sales by $5000 per month.
• Created The Brazil Nut, a coffee blend for patrons looking for extreme frothiness in their coffees.
• Implemented an interactive POS system that increased efficiency by 60% owing to incorporated self-billing module.
• Increased coffee sales by 50% by introducing 8 new coffee blends at slash prices.
Coffee Shop Attendant
Starbucks, Houston, TX 6/2016-Present
• Greet customers and inquire into their “poison of the day”
• Provide patrons with menus and inform them of the day’s special
• Assist customers in choosing coffee blends and food items by providing them with complementing information
• Take orders for coffee and food and provide a timeline for order delivery
• Relay food order to kitchen and brew coffee according to set restaurant recipes
• Incorporate any “extras” or “additional” to coffee blends according to customers’ instructions
• Serve food and coffee to customers and inquire if they would like anything else
• Refill coffee mugs when requested and take additional orders for food items
• Clean and maintain coffee making/brewing equipment on a regular basis
• Ensure the cleanliness of the coffee counter and surrounding areas
• Handle billing activities by punching customers’ food and beverage orders into POS
• Take payments for rendered services and tender change
Corner Coffee, Houston, TX 1/2012-6/2016
• Took customers’ orders for food and beverages and provided them with information on “today’s special”
• Relayed orders to the kitchen and assisted café attendants in brewing coffee blends
• Made certain that counters and tables are cleaned properly
• Assisted waiters in serving food items and replenished beverages
• Set up condiments counter and ensured appropriate stock of supplies such as napkins and cutlery
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Diploma: Danton High School, Houston, TX | 2011
Food Handler Certification – Texas