A resume is a candidate’s reflection, which is why it is important to create one that provides a positive one.
Resumes are hardly interesting reads which is why they need to be something extraordinary for a hiring manager to be truly interested in them.
A compelling and to-the-point resume leads to interview opportunities.
Here is a sample for you to follow, so that you too can create one that is exceptional:
64 Lynn Street| Parkersburg, WV 58585
(000) 813-4152 | amberhodge @ email . com
9+ years’ track record of success performing a variety of clerical and support work involving both specific routines and broadly defined policies and procedures. Highly skilled in interacting with the public and working cooperatively with staff, students and parents.
• Competent in establishing , maintaining and monitoring accurate, neat and efficient electronic and manual record systems
• Highly experienced in responding to requests for information from new students and parents, regarding school policies and courses
• Demonstrated ability to schedule appointments, maintaining calendars and preparing materials for workshops and teacher training sessions
• Deep insight into ordering, distributing and maintaining inventory of office and school supplies and equipment
|✓ Correspondence Handing||✓ Transcription||✓ Forms Processing|
|✓ Inventory Management||✓ Admissions Assistance||✓ Purchase Expediting|
|✓ Budget Execution||✓ Confidentiality||✓ Enrollment Support|
|✓ Exam Set Preparation||✓ Rosters Management||✓ Information Retrieval|
• Process Improvement: Replaced the current paper filing system with an electronic one, improving access time by 75%.
• Inventory: Introduced a supplies inventory system, which was considered 50% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Academic Involvement: Proved to be invaluable to the school during a particularly harrowing exam time, by providing primary school teachers with assistance in creating exam papers from scratch.
• System Enhancement: Implemented a foolproof admission forms screening system, which reduced selection time by 58%.
Franklin Elementary School, Parkersburg, WV | 2011 – Present
• Greet parents and students as they arrive at the school office and assist them with their queries
• Provide information regarding school policies and procedures, along with insight into school practices and offered courses
• Assist students and parents in filling out admission and registration forms and provide them with information on required documentation
• Process forms, picking eligible candidates and ensure that their profiles are presented to the school management
• Create and maintain correspondence such as letters, memos and reports
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment by establishing effective liaison with vendors and supplies
• Monitor students’ attendance by actively looking through logs, and identify any causes for concern regarding absences and truancy
• Assist teachers in creating exam and test papers, in accordance with school policies and curriculum
Loomis Union Elementary, Parkersburg, WV | 2006 – 2011
School Office Aide
• Assisted in creating and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems to handle students’ records
• Typed up correspondence such as letters to parents, memos to school staff and emails for acquiring information
• Created and maintained effective relationships with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of supplies and equipment
• Assisted in setting up educational equipment such as projectors for presentations and trainings
• Assisted in the supervision of students during class, free lessons, recess time and extracurricular activities
Parkersburg High School, Parkersburg, WV – 2005
High School Diploma
• Microsoft Word and Excel database
• Munis accounting system
• Internet, Outlook, Email
• Informational Files Management
“I perform all kinds of school office tasks independently by exercising sound judgment.”
Last updated on