Publicists are hired by companies to perform activities that will bring about positive media coverage for them.
They employ different strategies to complete this work and need to possess some advertising and marketing insight to be able to do their jobs well.
Any skills that a publicist possesses need to appropriately portrayed in a resume.
Let us see an example of how this can be done.
See also: Publicist Job Description
Sample Resume for Publicist Position
6788 Martindale Road – Shelburn, VT 56822
A Publicist position with Netflix, utilizing profound ability to execute PR strategies to bring about positive coverage across a variety of media platforms
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over three years of experience as a publicist
• Comprehensive understanding of media programming
• Proven record of planning and executing publicity campaigns across a wide range of media types
• Hands-on experience in pitching and securing top national and local media
• In-depth knowledge of developing press material and monitoring industry news
Publicis International – Shelburn, VT
Sep 2019 – May 2021
• Created and developed publicity strategies to drive business goals
• Pitched and secured print media, television, online, and radio
• Developed press materials such as press releases and kits, fact sheets, and related communication
• Built and maintained relationships with media personnel
• Oversaw tours and media events
• Worked with sales and marketing departments to create cohesive publicity efforts
• Introduced a system that works with available data to maximize social media and online tools for more effective communication
• Stated as an advisory for company spokespersons regarding key issues and guidance
Vermont State University – Shelburn, VT
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Results driven and customer service-oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Outstanding team-building skills
• Ability to operate ethically
• Strong ability to work independently