Public relations officers are communication specialists who are expected to project a positive image of the company that they are working for or the product that they are endorsing. This is a position of glamour and fame but also of very hard work as it is often difficult to make people think and react the way you want them to.
In a resume for a Public Relations Officer position, let the hiring manager know why you are the best candidate for the job. You can do it by detailing your industry focus, experience and accomplishments as they relate to a public relations position. Put emphasis on your achievements rather than job duties.
Public relations officers need to have a degree in mass communications and are expected to be very outgoing people. They are also expected to be very good conversationalists and possess excellent communication skills. If you fit the bill, the following resume sample may help you gain a job in this regard.
Public Relations Officer Resume Sample
801 Bronze River Avenue ● Las Vegas, NV 89000
(999) 999-0000 ● cliff @ email . com
Public Relations Officer
Highly-motivated, personable Public Relations Professional with over 3 years’ experience in media relations. Recognized for public image projection methodologies and activities. Efficient communicator with exceptional time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities. Excellent knowledge of print and broadcast media
➜ Spokesperson: Acted as spokesperson with the press and the public in both proactive and reactive situations. Served as media liaison, handled all incoming inquiries. Made convincing stories to pitch to the media.
➜ Media relations strategy and planning: Developed and implemented successful media relations programs to local and national news organizations. Developed and maintained relations with reporters and editors.
➜ Development of press materials: Prepared press releases, backgrounders, Q&A and press statements. Oversaw press conferences and ensured logistics and preparations are handled efficiently by staff.
➜ Content Writing: Wrote persuasive press releases, news and blog posts
• Skilled in: Creating reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and graphs
• Proficient in: MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Brightstar, Las Vegas, NV | March 2010 – Present
Public Relations Officer
• Develop, design and implement communication strategies
• Manage positive print and broadcast media projection
• Act as a point of contact for media liaison
• Plan and direct communications strategies
• Develop and write press releases
• Formulate plans to communicate the company’s interests
• Initiate ideas for programs and manage programs when initiated
Brightstar, Las Vegas, NV | May 2009 – Feb 2010
• Assisted in developing and implementing the company’s communication strategies
• Managed materials for communication programs
• Made travel arrangements as directed
• Distributed press releases as directed
• Maintained records and perform research activities
Masters in Mass Communications – Nevada State University – 2007
EXCELLENCE IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated expertise in content management systems
• Proven ability to manage social media metrics
• Excellent leadership skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time