For creative and talent-based positions, such as that of a photographer, it is imperative that your resume is a little more than just good.
In such a role, the expectations of the employer will be high and it is up to you to live up to them.
For many people, photography usually comes as a hobby which at times turns into a great career.
So when you write a resume to apply for a photography position, make sure that you do not put in any irrelevant information that has nothing to do with photography.
Here is how you can write a resume for a photographer position:
Related: Photographer Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Photographer Position
55 7th Street, Wellston, OH 77895
William.allen @ email . com
“I am a passionate and creative photographer who can provide excellent customer service using photography and communication skills.“
Aesthetic-minded Photographer with a novel approach to photography, with the view to developing a broad range of visual pieces to meet business and program objectives. Highly experienced in using advanced digital photography equipment to meet clients’ individual photography needs.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust apertures, shutter speeds, and camera focus by considering subject motion and lighting.
• A methodical individual who is familiar with using traditional and digital cameras along with supporting equipment such as tripods and flash attachments.
• Special talent for determining picture composition by selecting and adjusting subjects and backgrounds properly.
• Equipment Testing • Composition Building
• Image Enhancement • Film Exposure
• Retouching • Photofinishing
• Equipment Maintenance • Image Editing
• Independent Shoots • High-Quality Shots
• Catalog Descriptions • Photo Booth Setup
Lifetouch, Wellston, OH
• Introduce the concept of photo booths for children’s birthday parties, resulting in increased revenues.
• Successfully shot a fashion show, receiving high accolades from the organizers.
• Confer with 20+ clients per day to determine their photography needs.
Take high-quality photos of couples, children, and pets, both indoors and outdoor, increasing the client base by 10% per month.
• Retouch and color correct using Adobe software.
• Build professional relationships with customers, making them repeat clients.
• Actively provide clients with suggestions on backgrounds.
• Professionally answer the phone to schedule appointments with clients and resolve their issues.
• Adjust photography equipment such as apertures, shutter speeds, and camera focus in accordance with factors such as light and field depth.
• Select and adjust subjects to ensure that desired effects are achieved.
• Estimate and measure light levels and distances using measuring devices.
ABA Inc, Wellston, OH
• Suggested the use of demure lighting for a documentary shoot, the stills for which came out stunning, with one photograph winning the National Photography Award.
• Retouched a 50-year-old photograph by working on it for 3 days, producing results that enhanced the beauty of the background it was shot.
• Captured shots according to program directives or clients’ specific instructions.
• Developed and printed exposed film.
• Managed touchup needs of each print.
• Produced images in digital forms using flatbed scanners in photofinishing laboratories.
Photographic Majors, Wellston, OH
• Assisted in setting up cameras and related equipment such as tripods and flashes.
• Provided support in creating compositions for photographs by ensuring that subjects were properly placed.
• Arranged props and costumes for specific photography projects.
• Assisted in capturing images and handling exposure methods for printing purposes.
• Scanned images to create digital formats and ensured that they were properly stored.
• Cleaned and maintained cameras and other related equipment to ensure their safety and long-term use.
High School Diploma
Wellston High School, Wellston, OH – 2005
• Worked as an active member of the school photography club
• Voluntarily photographed many school events and received recognition from staff
• Adobe Photoshop
• MS Word and Excel
• Social Media
“By using my creativity and attention to detail, I will definitely surpass your expectations.“
Photographer Skills for Resume
When it comes to creating a compelling resume for a photographer position, highlighting your skills is crucial. Here are some essential photographer skills to consider including:
- Technical Proficiency: Showcase your expertise in using different types of cameras, lenses, lighting equipment, and editing software.
- Composition and Framing: Demonstrate your ability to create visually appealing images by framing subjects and using elements of design effectively.
- Creativity: Highlight your unique perspective and artistic vision in capturing images.
- Attention to Detail: Show your meticulousness in focusing on small details and ensuring the quality of images.
- Knowledge of Lighting: Emphasize your understanding of natural and artificial lighting techniques and how to manipulate them to enhance images.
- Strong Communication: Highlight your ability to communicate effectively with clients, models, and team members to achieve desired outcomes.
- Adaptability: Showcase your ability to work in various environments and adjust to different shooting conditions.
- Time Management: Illustrate your skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering assignments within deadlines.
- Post-Processing Skills: Mention your proficiency in editing software like Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom to enhance and retouch images.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrate your ability to quickly troubleshoot technical issues and find creative solutions during photoshoots.
Remember to tailor these skills to align with the specific requirements of the job you’re applying for.