Organizing and emphasizing the information in your resume is imperative to its success. Flattering your work histories is no problem if you use the right type of format.
The format of a resume does not refer to its design – it is how information is placed in the resume.
For a resume format in which information is placed in a manner that is easy to read and understand, refer to the sample below.
4002 Lincoln Street | Groton, SD 57452 | (000) 754-2144 | henjen @email .com
Performance Summary: Versatile and creative Photographer with exceptional photography skills, pertaining to advertising, corporate, editorial, fashion and fine art. Proficient in using an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and photography software. Efficiently seeks out appropriate photographic subjects and opportunities and performing photography activities according to clients’ instruction. A friendly individual who has a knack for getting along with people from different walks of life. Record of effectively liaising with professionals such as graphic designers, writers, gallery managers and art directors to ensure success of photography projects.
|• Shoot Preparation||• Equipment Use||• Props Arrangement|
|• Product Finishing||• Social Photography||• Self-Marketing|
|• Touching/Retouching||• Photographs Restoration||• Images Enhancement|
|• Location Determination||• Equipment Maintenance||• Macro Photography|
• Introduced a package deal for weddings and baby showers for clients with limited budgets, resulting in an increased client base
• Led a photographic workshop for 50 children with special needs, one of its kind in the state
• Reduced digital enhancement time for photographs by 50% by employing DigitArt, a state of the art software
• Simultaneously handled 3 photography assignments within the same event, which ended up in success for all of them
*Self-employed*, Groton, SD | 1/2012 – Present
• Meet with clients to determine their photography needs and provide them with available options
• Comprehend specifications and work closely with clients to set up locations and props
• Set up photography equipment such as cameras, tripods and lenses in a safe manner
• Capture images according to set composition, ensuring that many images are taken for one angle
• Shoot poses in a natural manner by instructing models on how to carry themselves during the shoot
GTV Co, Groton, SD | 8/2009 – 1/2012
• Communicated with photographic subjects to keep them at ease and to direct them appropriately
• Arranged objects props, products scenes and backgrounds to ensure conformity to photographic compositions
• Edited photographed images to enhance them using a variety of software and techniques
• Created albums on request and ensured that images were properly pasted / printed on them
Real Page, Groton, SD | 2/2005 – 8/2009
• Assisted photographers in setting up equipment such as cameras, lenses and tripods
• Provided support in creating environments for shoots including setting up props and objects
• Ascertained that photography subjects understood what was expected of them by providing them with a gist of the project
• Adjusted apertures, shutter speeds and camera focus upon instructions and handled lighting and field depth issues
• Provided assistance in touching up or enhancing images using suggested / designated photography software
Bachelor of Arts in Photography – 2004
South Dakota State University, Groton, SD