A resume is a summary of your skills and experiences, explicitly written to impress the recruiter and grab their attention immediately.
Writing a great resume is a crucial step in your US Census Enumerator job search. If you’re looking for a well-written example resume for guidance and inspiration, we have a sample and 5 tips to get you started.
How to Craft a Great Resume for the Census Enumerator Position?
See these 5 tips to build an effective resume for the US Census emumerator position.
- Start your resume with a laser-focused objective or summary statement.
- Write the detail of your experiences and achievements.
- Mention your educational information, as well as relevant skills.
- Keep your resume short and to-the-point. The length should ideally be 1-2 pages.
- Proofread many times before making the final version of your resume.
Sample Resume for US Census Enumerator Position
340 Some Drive, Seattle, WA 34999
Methodical and precise Census Enumerator with hands-on experience in route setting, data collection, and resident interviewing. Full command on statistical data analysis of collected information. Ability to collect thorough and accurate information courteously. Known for adhering to data collection guidelines given by the American Census Bureau.
IPUMS, Seattle, WA
8/2018 – Present
• Analyze the assigned field, prepare routes and get them approved by the managers
• Travel from door to door to meet residents, introduce self and explain the purpose of the census
• Conduct interviews and get census forms and questionnaires filled
• Compile and submit collected data as per IPUMS policy and protocol
• Enhanced 65% census information validity in the assigned field through proactive quality assurance checks, audits, and team mentoring
• Earned the ‘Most Accurate Enumerator’ title in 2013 by the USA Census board
CENSUS BUREAU, Seattle, WA
5/2013 – 7/2018
• Provided administrative support to field staff, processed payrolls based on the number of hours worked, and answered telephonic queries regarding the census
• Guided applicants and facilitated the recruitment process
• Leveraged computerized data sorting software and reduced manual effort by 40%
• Ensured the 100% availability of stationery and supplies by designing and implementing an effective inventory form
Bachelor of Science in Statistics
City University, Seattle, WA
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Data Gathering – Record Keeping
– Rapport Building – Quality Assurance
– Data Processing – Discrepancy Removal
– Address Verification – Information Sorting
– Inquiries Handling – Statistical Analysis
– Resident Interviewing – Questionnaire Completion
Member: American Census Bureau
Member: The American Board of the census
See also: US Census Enumerator Cover Letter Sample