A biotechnologist resume is a complete document that tells a hiring manager all there is to know about you as a professional individual.
If it lacks any piece of information that a hiring manager is actively looking for, there is a huge chance that it will not be accepted.
The following resume sample can be used to write one that is complete and informational:
Biotechnologist Resume Example
977 Shagbark Road
Lilburn, GA 620078
Experienced biotechnologist with exceptional expertise in studying the genetic, chemical and physical attributes of cells, tissues, and organisms. Highly skilled in designing and implementing research studies, with a particular focus on providing accurate reports and analysis.
Special talent for genetically modifying organisms to create and develop new products across many levels. Examines the social and ethical concerns raised by communities, where technology-enhanced products are used. Well-versed in determining the influence of both internal and external environments on processes in bacteria, animals, and plants
|✓ Composition Studying||✓ Genetic Modification||✓ Stem Cell Experimentation|
|✓ Chemical Agent Analysis||✓ Quality Control||✓ Analysis and Reporting|
|✓ Systemic Approaches||✓ Microbiology||✓ Genomics|
|✓ Research Work||✓ Life Improvements||✓ Lab Equipment Setup|
Lonza, Lilburn, GA | 6/2010 – Present
• Design and implement research studies, and develop novel research procedures.
• Study the genetic, chemical and physical attributes of cells, tissues, and organisms.
• Provide guidance and leadership to lab technicians in performing detailed research.
• Assist in genetically modifying organisms, in order to make new products across several scales.
• Determine the influence of internal and external environments on processes in bacteria, plants, and animals.
• Identify and present improvements to process equipment and provide leadership to approved projects.
• Provide both technical support and troubleshooting expertise for arising problems during product development procedures.
• Perform detailed analysis of experiments, and ensure that they are properly documented.
• Successfully modified an organism, paving the way for further research into cancer prevention.
• Implemented well-organized quality control metrics, which were considered 85% more efficient than the ones already in place.
Oxford Biomedica, Lilburn, GA| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Collected and prepared samples for experiments, ensuring that they were kept away from contamination.
• Assisted technologists in setting up and calibrating lab equipment and instruments.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on lab equipment, to ensure that it works correctly.
• Handled research work according to specified instructions, ensuring that all identified areas were covered.
• Cleaned and maintained laboratory areas, and performed sanitation activities on surfaces and instruments.
• Reorganized laboratory equipment calibration processes, ensuring that the calibration process was streamlined correctly.
• Performed research work on prevention of 4 life-threatening diseases, which became part of a research journal.
Georgia State University, Lilburn, GA | 2010
Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
Last updated on