Sales representatives are business development personnel who usually work in a retail environment.
As professionals who provide customers with initial contact services, they hold important roles and are expected to perform highly within their areas of expertise.
Since they are the first personnel customers interact, sales representatives assist customers by helping them locate items in a store and explaining product features.
Sales representatives, who are interested in attaining this position, will need to ensure that their resume holds information that is conducive to customer services. The following is a resume sample for this position.
Sales Representative Resume Example
330 Ivanhoe Street | Denver, CO | (000) 999-9999 | Email
An extremely motivated sales representative with a solid track record of high performance in retail business environments. Ability to exceed targets, exceptional presentation abilities, and positive follow-through skills.
• Proven record of providing exceptional first contact services.
• Keen ability to gauge customers’ needs and provide services accordingly.
• Expertise in researching new accounts and developing qualified leads.
• Strong knowledge of suggestive selling by maintaining active engagements.
• Generated new business opportunities that brought sales up by 43% in less than a year.
• Consistently exceeded sales targets; sold $100,000 worth of merchandise in 8 months.
• A high percentage of success in customer retention and loyalty.
• Successfully developed relationships with more than 32 local businesses for an exchange of referrals.
Macy’s, Denver, CO | 2012 – Present
• Provide product and service information to existing and new customers.
• Anticipate customers’ needs and ask how they can be assisted in meeting those needs.
• Make telephone calls to prospective customers to solicit business.
• Research sources for developing customer-base.
• Assist customer with shopping by providing suggestions and alternatives.
• Demonstrate product features.
• Place orders and assist with payment procedures.
• Handle exchanges and refunds.
• Resolve customers’ problems and complaints.
• Inform customers of new deals and promotions.
• Manage cash register and take payments in exchange for items sold.
Inside Sales Representative
Rupert’s, Denver, CO | 2007 – 2012
• Identified and contacted quality leads.
• Provided information on products and promotional deals.
• Took orders over the telephone and punched them in the order database.
• Confirmed customers’ orders and ensured timely processing.
• Ensured that customers’ orders were delivered on time.
• Ensured payments were made appropriately promptly.
• Provided after sales services by calling customers and answering questions.
City College, Denver, CO
Associate’s Degree Sales and Marketing – 2007
Last updated on