A resume for a B2B sales needs to include why the candidate is such a good choice.
Working in this position is not the same as working in one where one has to sell products or services to clients.
Since this is a bit more complicated, it is important to provide recruiters with the right information regarding your skills.
Actually, a resume for a B2B sales representative needs to be filled with information on the individual’s knowledge of the work – and skills in it.
See also: B2B Sales Cover Letter Sample
Here is a great example to help you get ideas from:
B2B Sales Resume Example
630 Lewes Street, Covington, KY50123
B2B SALES REPRESENTATIVE
• A highly successful B2B sales representative with a verifiable track record in developing and closing sales with businesses.
• Implemented strategic sales plans, as a result, met goals by 100%.
• Introduced the concept of solutions-based selling, hence, increased sales by 50%.
• Devised an outbound calling system, thereby, managing sales representatives’ time by 50%.
• Increased assigned businesses’ business presence, through the implementation of well-placed plans.
- Leads Development
- Business Presence Maximization
- Relationship Cultivation
- Solutions-based Selling
- Complaints Handling
- Contracts Preparation
- Strategic Planning
B2B Sales Representative
Markey Star, Covington, KY
• Look through potential business customers’ lists in order to determine who to contact.
• Practice sales pitches.
• Call businesses in order to provide them with information on the company’s services and products.
• Use sales pitched to convince business clients.
• Develop high-level pipelines to build and accelerate opportunities.
• Build rapport with business client representatives.
• Provide business clients with information on offered services.
• Meet with clients as part of the follow-up.
• Inform businesses of additional services, such as after-sales liaison.
• Uncover prospective clients’ requirements, and provide solutions.
• Close deals by obtaining payments and completing contracts.
Captivate Inc., Covington, KY
• Performed cold calling duties.
• Provided prospective clients with product and service information.
• Gauged clients’ interest in products and services.
• Obtained and recorded information such as convenient meeting times.
• Performed follow-up tasks.
• Informed customers of aftersales services information.
• Took and escalated complaints.
• Ensured clients’ satisfaction with ordered products and services.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Kentucky State University, Covington, KY – 2005