Route Sales Representative Resume Writing Tips
Writing an aesthetically pleasing Route Sales Representative resume is not enough – resumes need to be meaty too.
What you write under each section head is very important.
A tailored resume can be based on any of these:
• Linking an opening statement to your experience
• Listing the most relevant skills first
• Including examples of achievements
• Including relevant keyword and phrases
For people applying for route sales representative positions, writing a strong resume is very important.
Personal attributes, work history and educational background are all very important.
Employability skills that are typically “sales” in nature must also be mentioned.
Here is a resume sample that you can use to write your own:
100 Talbot Road, Renton, WA 21002
lucaswayne @ email . com
Route Sales Representative
Extremely motivated route sales representative with a solid track record of performance in meeting sales goals in a retail environment. Key strengths include the ability to exceed targets, a knack for connecting with decision-makers. Definite abilities in account management, customer service, and team building. Exceptional presentation, negotiation, and closing skills, aimed at meeting self and set targets effectively. Track record of employing retail merchandising strategies in a route sales environment.
• Territory Management
• Retail Merchandising
• Market Research
• Trend Analysis
• Team Building
• Lead Generation
• Increased sales by $500k in 3 assigned territories by employing a consultative approach to selling
• Reinstated 13 accounts by indulging in suggestive selling “talk” with disgruntled customers
• Reined in rollercoaster route sales ride which increased clientele by 30%
• Awarded Route Sales Representative of the Year in 2011, 2012 and 2013
Route Sales Representative
Macy’s, Renton, WA | 2005 – Present
• Develop sales and marketing strategies for existing customers based on provided knowledge
• Contact new customers through marketing efforts such as lead generation and cold calling
• Market new products and services to customers by providing them with information on features and warrantees
• Assist customers in choosing the right products and provide them with information on delivery options
• Load customers’ packages on company provided trucks or vans and map out appropriate routes
• Confirm that customer loads are accurate before leaving for delivery
• Drive delivery vans or trucks to customers’ houses/offices and ensure that deliveries are done in a timely manner
• Deliver packages, take payments and provide receipts to customers
• Respond to customers’ complaints and provide appropriate responses
• Indulge in promotional activities and assist customers in taking full advantage of deals and discounts
Retail Hands, Renton, WA | 2002 – 2005
• Greeted customers and provided them with information on where their choice of products are located
• Escorted customers to desired aisles and assisted them in locating items
• Demonstrated product features and provided customers with information on warrantees and after-sales services
• Provided customers with layby information and procedures
• Assisted customers through the payment procedure by processing cash and credit card payments
• Packed purchased products and arranged for deliveries
Graduated in 2000
St. Peter’s High School