As one of your main marketing tools, a sales advisor cover letter is your introduction in your absence. Recruiters like letters targeted especially to them, so that they can learn more about you and your skills and qualifications for the applied position. There is no actual cover letter writing formula but the following tips should help:
Sales Advisor Cover Letter Tips
• Your cover letter for sales advisor resume should never be more than one page long
• An appropriate business letter format must be used
• Deem your cover letter as a movie preview. Introduce yourself and provide highlights of what the recruiter should expect from you – and what is to come in the resume.
• Do not copy word for word what is on the resume. Take this as an opportunity to present and highlight information in a different way
• Do your best to find a contact name by exercising your research skills. It is important to address to the person who will be reviewing your resume
• Interest in the job and the company is one of the key factors that recruiters look for. Clearly specify your interest in both and don’t be generic – the more specific you are, the better your chances
• Never apologize. Always sell. And do not say that you are not qualified but will work towards it, once hired
• Proofread, proofread and proofread!
The following sample cover letter for sales advisor position should suffice in giving you a head-start:
524 Maple Street
Norwich, VT 20102
Jenna @ email . com
November 19, 2015
Mr. Marvin Ford
H & M
62 Dutton Hill
Norwich, VT 22563
Dear Mr. Ford:
Through your website, I found out that your organization is seeking sales advisors who are target-oriented, able to take initiative, possess willingness to go the extra mile and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced retail environment. I think I have hit the jackpot, and maybe you have as well. Don’t you just love finding the perfect match?
Why I am so positive that the match between my qualifications and your requirements is so perfect is detailed below:
• Background includes a succession of victories in exceeding sales targets in the previous 10 years
• Excellent skills in generating leads and following up on them with a high success rate of 88%
• Long-term interest in working for a customer-oriented organization such as H & M, with proven skills in recognizing and executing selling opportunities
I have kept this letter especially brief for your convenience. I will contact you next week to ask for a possible meeting time. In the interim, you may reach me at (888) 888-8888.
Thank you for your time and consideration.