National sales managers of any organization wear many hats. Creating and implementing sales strategies and developing and maintaining customer relationships are some of the most critical tasks that they handle.
The ability to sell a new and existing product or services for the company that they represent is one of the prerequisites of hiring a national sales manager.
Resumes that reveal knowledge and expertise in handling complex sales duties are favored by prospective employers.
The resume sample below will provide you with an idea on how to write a resume for a national sales manager’s position.
National Sales Manager Resume Example
431 Arthur Avenue, Belmont, CA 77890
Cellular: (999) 999-9999, Email:
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Goal-oriented sales professional with a solid track record of high performance in consumer goods and retail businesses. Ability to exceed sales goals by connection with decision makers and transfer sales management tactics to sales staff.
• Increased sales by 55% in 18 months by aptly identifying customers’ needs and understanding budgets and recommending appropriate changes in product lines.
• Implemented a core sales project named “Go and Get” focused on expanding business with a business client which brought in a profit of $3M.
• Proactively and singlehandedly established sales goals with other national sales offices thereby engendering sizeable penetration into competitive markets.
• Grew national market revenue share by 25% in 5 months.
CBS Corporation, Belmont, CA | 2012 – Present
National Sales Manager
• Develop meaningful relationships with existing and new customers
• Facilitate sales support to corporate offices by focusing on specific products
• Develop and implement business sales strategies aimed at profitability
• Hire and train sales personnel and deploy them to regional offices
• Develop and strengthen relationships with customer service personnel
• Execute sales expansion strategies
• Build and maintain prospective accounts lists
• Facilitate sales and service support to different regions
• Develop and present business plans for approval from management
CBS Corporation, Belmont, CA | 2009 – 2012
Area Sales Manager
• Oversaw the work of sales representatives
• Developed new business for assigned branches
• Built strong relationships with customers
• Kept customers informed of industry trends
• Ensured sales team’s confirmation to sales targets
• Prepared and presented periodic sales reports
• Promoted product as they become available
ABC Company, Belmont, CA | 2004 – 2009
• Utilized strong selling and prospecting skills aimed at acquisition and retention of customers
• Built solid customer relationships targeted at recurring business opportunities
• Recognized for effective presentation skills and a perpetually positive attitude
• Generated profits while creating loyal customers
University of California, Belmont, CA
Bachelor of Business Education