The strongest document in the telecom sales manager job application process is the resume – how you communicate with a hiring manager through a resume is most important.
If you mess up the resume, you will also mess up your chances of getting to the interview stage. And that is that!
Make sure that you do reach the interview stage by emulating the resume sample below:
58 119th Avenue SE | Kent, WA 98525 | (000) 251-8541 | danaroman @ email .com
Telecom Sales Professional
Highly accomplished and experienced sales manager, with extensive exposure to overseeing a team of sales personnel in the telecom sector. Recognized for exceeding sales goals and consistent motivation in reaching performance objectives.
• Effectively grows accounts by continuous acquisition of new customers in assigned areas
• Proficient in developing marketing plans, sales presentation and proposals in a bid to assist the sales department in gaining clientele
|• Functional Leadership||• Solution-based Communications|
|• Budget Compliance||• New Account Development|
|• Customer Education||• Corporate Telecom Solutions|
|• Telecom Services Review||• Complaint Handling|
|• Customer Prospecting||• Annual Sales Plans Development|
|• Sales Strategies Implementation||• Technology Trends|
Customer Service: Successfully retained a corporate customer, by providing the company with free service after an escalated complaint of constantly interrupted service.
Process Improvement: Overhauled the sales pitching system by introducing new avenues, resulting in 50% increased sales.
Revenue Generation: Increased the company’s revenue by 65% through effective and well-strategized sales and marketing plans.
Corporate Solutions: Introduced 5 corporate telecom packages, created especially for large companies, resulting in increased interest from commercial customers
Telecom Sales Manager
G4S, Kent, WA | 2010 – Present
• Create sales activities schedules and metrics and ensure that each sales representative follows them correctly
• Oversee the work for sales representatives to ensure that they are working in accordance with set rules
• Contact commercial / corporate clients and provide them with information on telecommunication products and services
• Provide information of special services (such as VoIP) for corporate technology and communication services
• Identify and contact prospective customers or act on leads generated by sales representatives
• Develop sales strategies and train sales personnel in working according to developed strategies and metrics
• Assist clients by designing customized and cost-effective solution for their telecom needs
• Maintain open channels of communication throughout the organization, to ensure that a sense of teamwork and quality workmanship is maintained
Telecom Sales Representative
Raycap Inc., Kent, WA | 2006 – 2010
• Performed client prospecting activities by contacting new and existing clients over the telephone and through email
• Provided information regarding the company’s telecommunication services and products
• Responded to inquiries regarding services and products, in accordance with the procedures charted out in the training manual
• Generated leads and ensured that they were timely and aggressively followed up on
• Ascertained that clients received their products (and associated services) in a timely manner
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
Washington State University, Kent, WA | 2005