A resume is a necessary document for each and every job seeker irrespective of the profession. Although some recruiters provide an online application form to replace the resume, yet resume is a necessary part of job application set in the USA and Canada.
A resume is an expression of you, your achievements and potential. It must be crafted creatively – the resume of a sales person needs extra effort. The way you sell your skills speak a lot about your sales and marketing skills. A sales resume should be a creative and unique document to compete with hundreds of resumes.
Following is a sample Car Salesman Resume based on the prevalent general chronological resume format in the USA.
33 Rose Avenue, Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (000) 544.3666, Email: d.hway @ email . com
Recognized for exceeding car sales targets.
7+ years’ track record of success selling different kinds of automobile. Persuasive personality with sufficient knowledge of a diverse range of cars and their accessories. Demonstrated ability to deal with and communicate with clients effectively by understanding their needs and recommending them the best available option while keeping their needs organizational interests in mind. An effective team player who has the ability to motivate and gear up the sales team to achieve organizational targets.
Core Car Sales Skills
• Customers’ needs and car features discussion
• Sales prove negotiation
• Paperwork handling
• Stock updation trough ordering new cars or buying used cars
Car Salesperson | Go Gary Cars, Minneapolis, MN | Dec 2012 – May 2016
• Enhanced dealership and increased the company’s revenue by 20% in the first year
• Met with customers directly, catered to their needs and placed orders accordingly
• Worked closely with the operations and finance team to arrange installment plans for leasing of cars
• Took responsibility for test drives, pre-payment inspections and all sales record keeping
• Introduced automobile accessories, explained warranties and all after-sale services to clients
• Attended various on the job trainings on sales and marketing
Car Salesman | (Das Autos, Plymouth, MN) | May 2009 – Dec 2012
• Built a good rapport with all clients and referred them to the sales manager for sale deals
• Served as an active member of the promotional/ marketing team whose agenda was to attain a certain monthly sales targets
• Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of cars and their purchase and maintenance costs through various comparative presentations of different available car options in a certain price bracket
Bachelors of Business Administration (2008)
Minnesota State University, Moorhead (MSUM)
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills along with expertise in promotion and projection
• Proved ability to reach difficult sales target set by the organizational heads
• Ample knowledge of car leasing and financing
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
He is a self motivated individual with exceptional communication skills and a very strong negotiation power.
– Sara Chris, Operations Manager, Go Gary Cars