A resume is a crucial document for every job seeker irrespective of the profession.
Although some recruiters provide an online application form to replace the resume, yet resume is a necessary part of the job application set in the USA and Canada.
A resume is an expression of you, your achievements and potential. It must be crafted creatively, and the resume of a salesperson needs extra effort.
The way you sell your skills speak a lot about your sales and marketing skills. A sales resume should be a creative and unique document to compete with hundreds of resumes.
Below is a sample Car Salesman Resume based on the common general chronological resume format in the USA.
Car Salesman Resume Example
33 Rose Avenue, Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (000) 544.3666, Email: d.hway @ email . com
Recognized for exceeding car sales targets through dedication.
7+ years’ track record of success selling different kinds of automobiles to a diverse range of clients. Well versed with different models of cars and their accessories. Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients effectively by understanding their needs and recommending them the best available option while keeping their needs and employer’s interests in mind. An active team player who can motivate and gear up the sales team to achieve organizational targets.
• Customers’ needs and car features discussion
• Sales prove negotiation
• Paperwork handling
• Ordering new cars and buying used cars
Go Gary Cars, Minneapolis, MN | 2012 – 2016
• Enhanced dealership and increased the company’s revenue by 20% in the first year.
• Met with customers directly, catered to their needs and placed orders accordingly.
• Worked closely with the operations and finance team to arrange installment plans for the leasing of cars.
• Took responsibility for test drives, pre-payment inspections, and all sales record keeping.
• Introduced automobile accessories, explained warranties and all after-sale services to clients.
• Attended various on the job training in sales and marketing.
Das Autos, Plymouth, MN | 2009 – 2012
• Built a good rapport with all clients and referred them to the sales manager for sale deals.
• Served as an active member of the promotional/ marketing team whose agenda was to attain a specific monthly sales targets.
• Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of cars and their purchase and maintenance costs through various comparative presentations of different available car options in a particular price bracket.
Bachelor of Business Administration (2008)
State University, Minneapolis, MN
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills along with expertise in promotion and projection
• Proved ability to reach difficult sales target set by the organizational heads
• Ample knowledge of car leasing and financing
“I am a self-motivated individual who has exceptional communication skills and a solid negotiation acumen.”