When writing a resume for the position of a car sales associate, you may need to consider a few things. What particular things do you need to write for this position?
Sales techniques and some information about the car sales industry is one thing you can write. You can also put in any specialized training that you may have acquired for this position.
What do car sales associates do? Plenty!
They are usually the first point of contact when you go to buy a car. They confer with customers to decipher what their particular needs are regarding purchasing a car and then suggest possible solutions.
They also help customers by providing them with information on the car that they are selling and test drive it. This job requires an individual to be assertive yet friendly and to possess keen marketing skills because getting a customer to agree to a particular sale is a tricky job.
When applying for a Car Sales Associate position, one needs to possess some sales acumen – sales experience, of course, helps tremendously.
If you have a degree in sales, that too will be an asset although most car sales employers hire high school graduates. The following resume is a sample that you can use when applying for a car sales associate position. Let’s look what it is all about!
Car Sales Associate Resume Example
389 Willow Woods Drive » Annandale, VA 89200
Car Sales Associate
Perceptive sales professional with 7+ years of outstanding car sales experience. Posses an array of accomplishments in terms of meeting sales goals timely and continuously. Adept at suggestive selling techniques about a variety of old and new cars. In-depth knowledge of managing changing priorities and connecting with new people in a manner conducive to car sales. Strong administrative and visual car display skills. Keen attention to detail.
• Excellent suggestive selling skills
• Great knowledge of the car sales industry
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Superior customer orientation
• Exceptional work ethic and a confident personality
Brightstar Cars, Annandale, VA | 2013 – Present
Car Sales Associate
• Manage a multitude of car selling duties including cold calling and handling existing accounts.
• Direct car sales activities and provide after sale services as the contract dictates.
• Greet customers as they arrive and ask for particular choice
• Provide information on the car that customers ask for
• Research car availability for vehicles not in the database
• Demonstrate cars that customers decide on
• Assist the customer in test driving
• Maintain cars’ physical appearance and condition
• Deliver new cars to customers
• Follow up on closed sales and provide after-sales services
Brightstar Cars, Annandale, VA | 2011 – 2013
Car Sales Trainee
• Assisted in providing information to customers
• Managed car sales paperwork to close sales
• Ensured cleanliness and maintenance of used cars
• Assisted customers in choosing cars of their choice
• Answered customers’ questions regarding sales procedures and delivery
Annandale High School, Annandale, VA
High School Diploma
Last updated on