When writing a resume for the position of a car sales associate, you may need to consider a few things. What particular things do you need to write for this position? Sales techniques and some information of the car sales industry is one thing you can write. You can also put in any special training that you may have acquired for this position.
What do car sales associates do? Plenty! They are usually the first point of contact when you go to buy a car. They confer with customers to decipher what their particular needs are in terms of buying a car and then suggest possible solutions. They also help customers by providing them with information on the car that they are selling and test drive it. This job requires an individual to be assertive yet friendly and to possess keen marketing skills because getting a customer to agree to a particular sale is a tricky job.
When applying for a Car Sales Associate position, one needs to possess some sales acumen – sales experience of course helps tremendously. If you have a degree in sales, that too will be an asset although most car sales employers hire high school graduates. The following resume is a sample that you can use when applying for a car sales associate position. Let’s look what it is all about!
Car Sales Associate Resume Example
Car Sales Associate
Perceptive sales person with one year of outstanding car sales experience. Posses an array of accomplishments in terms of meeting sales goals timely and constantly. Adept at suggestive selling techniques pertaining to a variety of old and new cars. In depth knowledge of managing changing priorities and connecting with new people in a manner conducive to car sales. Strong administrative and visual car display skills, with keen attention to detail.
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent suggestive selling skills
• Great knowledge of the car sales industry
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Superior customer orientation
• Exceptional work ethics and a positive personality
Brightstar Cars, Annandale, VA | Jan 2012 – Present
Car Sales Associate
Managed a multitude of car selling duties including cold calling and handling existing accounts. Direct car sales activities and provide after sale services as the contract dictates.
• Greet customers as they arrive and ask for particular choice
• Provide information on the car that customers ask for
• Research car availability for cars not in the database
• Demonstrate cars that customers decide on
• Assist the customer in test driving
• Maintain cars in terms of physical appearance and condition
• Deliver new cars to customers
• Follow up on closed sales and provide after sales services
Brightstar Cars, Annandale, VA | Oct 2011 – Jan 2012
Car Sales Trainee
• Assisted in providing information to customers
• Managed car sales paperwork to close sales
• Ensured cleanliness and maintenance of used cars
• Assisted customers in choosing cars of their choice
• Answered customers’ questions regarding sales procedures and delivery
Annandale High School, Annandale, VA
High School Diploma – 2005