The minute you begin writing a resume, you will be presented with a task – and that is to write an objective. Since an objective is where you begin your resume, you do not have a choice but to write it, even if you feel that it isn’t down your alley. But to make a positive first impression and help the hiring manager decide in your favor, you have to pay special attention to how you word your objective.
To determine this, you have to first see what position you are applying for. If you are preparing your resume for an ICU nurse position, you will have to edict yourself as someone who is compassionate, organized and can handle emergencies properly. And all this can be done if you employ skills in nursing. So you will have to portray your nursing skills, particularly in an emergency room.
Generic resume objectives do not work. For specialized professions such as that of an ICU nurse, you have to make sure that your objective is even more targeted. An employer looking to hire an ICU nurse will want someone who knows her work inside out and does not need much training. Since working in an intensive care unit is not your average nursing job, you will have to make sure that you supply information that is relevant and useful to the employer.
Here are some objective examples for an ICU nurse resume:
• Seeking a position as an ICU Nurse at Florida Hospital using expertise in promptly formulating and implementing core emergency care plans.
• Looking for an ICU Nurse position at Dayton General Medical Center employing proficiency in handling emergencies by providing exceptional bedside care and initiating patient education plans.
• Desire a position as an ICU Nurse. Offering competencies in assessing patients and planning, implementing and evaluating health care services to cover a broad range of health conditions.
• To work as an ICU Nurse with Johnston Wills Hospital by utilizing skills in providing emergency care services to accident victims and those with chronic illnesses. Adept at promptly and accurately administering medications through IVs and handling patient education directives appropriately.
• Seeking an ICU Nurse position with Henrico Doctors Hospital Retreat. Eager to apply expertise in assessing, planning and evaluating patient care needs and prioritize patient care based on acuity levels and available resources.