Your resume for an ICU nurse must be an attention-grabbing document. As a matter of fact, a good resume will help you get an interview.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for ICU Registered Nurse Position?
See the tips below to write a great resume for the ICU RN position.
- Start your resume using an ICU RN career summary statement. If you have less or no experience in hand or you are building a federal resume, you may use an intensive care nurse objective statement to start your resume.
- Mention your experiences and accomplishments as an ICU Registered Nurse.
- Equally important is to write your ICU nursing skills and core competencies in a separate section. Include nursing keywords in this section.
- Add your educational, certification, and license information.
- The resume format is also essential. It is because the recruiter does not spend time reading a resume based on scattered information. So choose a simple resume format or template.
Sample Resume for ICU Nurse Position
Barbara Stephen, RN
312 Pool Water Park, Buffalo, NY 89704
Compassionate and dependable registered nurse with 11+ years of hands-on experience in intensive care and critical care settings. Well-versed in wound care, ECG rhythm strip interpretation, blood drawing, CVP and invasive lines, and blue code situation handling. Known for implementing life-saving measures as per ACLS protocols.
PROFESSIONAL NURSING EXPERIENCE
Registered Nurse – ICU
Delmont Hospital, Buffalo, NY
2017 – Present
- Applied a nursing process at the team level, enhancing group level patient care.
- Identified a fault in ECG machine timely, saving a lot of replacement cost.
- Initiated several patient care quality activities that showed explicit positive outcomes.
- Deliver quality patient care by effectively handling nursing care-plan.
- Plan, implement and evaluate care for assigned patients.
- Assess resource utilization and safety issues.
- Participate in the educational process to enhance knowledge in the field.
- Assess and document the patient’s progress and inform the family accordingly.
- Handle pain management and post-surgical recovery tasks.
Critical Staff Nurse
St Louis Hospital, Buffalo, NY
2007 – 2017
- Collaborated with physicians, RNs and CNAs and patients/families in the provision of care.
- Performed duties within ethical parameters of nursing.
- Assessed and evaluated the critical care nursing processes.
- Handled infection control processes and assure the sterility of equipment.
- Monitored and accompanied patients to other departments for scanning or testing.
- Provided high-quality patient care to the assigned patients.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
STATE COLLEGE OF NURSING, Buffalo, NY – 2006
NY licensure with the State Board of Nurse Examiners as RN
BCLS (American Heart Association) / ACLS
Member: American Association of Registered Nurses
- Arterial line insertions
- EKG interpretation
- Mechanical ventilation set-up
- Post-surgical recovery
- Patient and family education
- Pulmonary artery catheters
- Titrating IV vaso-active
- Moderate sedation monitoring
- Vital signs/Blood glucose